ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Vault pictures to Photo Gallery

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/13 02:04 PM Views: 1271 Replies: 7
Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

How can I move those pictures that are in the File Vault area to a Photo Gallery? They were added in 2009 and I'm not sure where they are at in my computer. And vise versa Gallery to File Vault?

Edited 11/09/13 2:05 PM
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM - Response #1

Hi Karen,

- Your post reads as if you'd like to move photos as we are able to on our computers. Though we are not able to do that at this time, I believe it is on the wishlist. I'll check on that.
- Here is a 'help' to see where those photos might be on your computer. Go into your File Vault; look at one photo you want to find and copy the file name. Input the file name or a key word into the search area. (i.e. I have photos for a play Androcles and the Lion in one of my File Vaults. I wanted to find the makeup room photo. I input Androcles in the search and found it right away.)
- Moving photos from the Gallery to the File Vault: Again, not as we do on our computers. Yet you can place gallery photos in the File Vault for classmates to download by:
Open Gallery Creator;
See the Download button to the right of a gallery and click on it;
These are the options given:
    Create a temporary zip file for you to personally download.
   X* Place this zip file into your file vault, which allows all Classmates to download.
    Optional: In the zip file, create separate directories for the 3 Classmates who have uploaded photos.
*Where I placed the X is good to know and classmates will appreciate being able to download their favorite photos from a reunion or school days.

Karen, I hope you find all the photos you uploaded on your computer!

Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM - Response #2

Any update on this topic. I have a photo on my homepage and would like to move it into a gallery. I no longer have the photo on my computer but it is in my file vault. Any way to move it from the file vault into a gallery yet? Also, is there anyway to view the file vault without having to edit a page? Thanks!

Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM - Response #3

The simplest way to move homepage image is to download the image to your system and then upload to a gallery. (There are other methods but harder to explain.)

In FF, move cursor over the image, right click then select Save As and save to your system. Other browsers have different methods. But if you put the link to the image in a photo editor, you can also download it to the editor and then save.

Sue Divan wrote:

Any update on this topic. I have a photo on my homepage and would like to move it into a gallery. I no longer have the photo on my computer but it is in my file vault. Any way to move it from the file vault into a gallery yet?

Yes Exclamation In the Editor, click the File Vault link and when you get there make a BOOKMARK. You can do the same thing with the Image vault, however, you need two, one for the home page and one for the other pages because the size limits are different.

The only caveat is that when CC upgrades you need to redo the BookMarks since you might be using an older version. Usually not a problem, but it there's a bug/enhancement you might get the older version (personal experience Confused )

Quote:

Also, is there anyway to view the file vault without having to edit a page? Thanks!

Edited 08/23/14 1:28 PM
Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 7:59 AM - Response #4

Is there any update on this topic? I'm having the same problem. I no longer have several pictures on my computer and I need to put them into a photo gallery. They are however, stored in my file vault. I have a Mac so I'm not understanding the advice given here, unless CC has changed the way this operates in the nearly 3 years since these previous questions were asked.
Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Frances

Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 3:30 PM - Response #5

Images from the site may be downloaded by going to the Manage Classmates page and scrolling to the bottom of the page. You will see your download options there .

Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 4:54 PM - Response #6

I don't think that was the questionQuestion

Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 5:01 PM - Response #7

Please clearly re-state the question.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.