ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Locations for Reunions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/05/08 03:51 PM Views: 1349 Replies: 9
Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM

I'm just curious to see how many of you have actually NOT had your reunion in your hometown. A couple of class members have mentioned having our 20-year reunion in a near-by city. Our hometown is small but we have several hotels (one with a ballroom), two clubs, and many restaurants. Your response is appreciated.

Edited 11/05/08 3:51 PM
Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM - Response #1

We did ours at a Sheraton about 12 miles from our Hometown. They have a big banquet hall and a bar for the after party. Also as a lot of my classmates were coming in from out of state, or even in state just far away, we needed a place in or near a hotel so no one would have to drive if they didn't want to. While there were other locations closer to our hometown the Sheraton offered the right combo of location, amenities and pricing.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM - Response #2

We are planning our 50th for next year and have tried neighboring towns in past years because we have few suitable locations in our small town that offer the necessary facilities. However, we have found the local union hall and the Catholic church do offer fine alternatives to the usual banquet halls and hotels.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM - Response #3

Paula Tiffany wrote:

I'm just curious to see how many of you have actually NOT had your reunion in your hometown. A couple of class members have mentioned having our 20-year reunion in a near-by city. Our hometown is small but we have several hotels (one with a ballroom), two clubs, and many restaurants. Your response is appreciated.

Here's what I say. . . if you want to plan something special and out of town for your 20 yr reunion. . go for it! My class had not had a reunion since our 5 yr and it is now going to be our 25th! I decided to take on the task of locating all of my classmates, and plan a special event for our 25th by myself. Believe me. . I looked and looked in our hometown which we have nothing and in the nearby city there are hotels and such but I felt that since we had not had a reunion we needed something awesome to draw everyone together to reconnect. I put myself out ther and solely made the decision to step out of the box on this one. I planned a dinner cruise leaving from New Jersey when we went to school in Delaware. Yes it is in another state and 2 hrs away from where we graduated! Let me say, the response is incredible! We have 105 people going and EVERYONE loves the idea! Not one person has complained about the distance or the cost. In fact we have all booked hotel rooms and are making a weekend trip out of it! If your classmates want to reconnect. . it doesn't matter where you have it. . they will make the trip! I was scared to death but went for it anyway. Go for it! Good luck!!!

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 12:42 AM - Response #4

Jeryl,

Thanks for your response. I have a question for you regarding your site. I saw the horoscope on your home page and decided to put it on mine. I created everything, was able to paste it on my home page but it keeps placing it above my announcements. How do I paste it at the bottom of my announcements?

Edited 11/06/08 12:43 AM
Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 12:45 AM - Response #5

Click on Post Announcement, and at the top of the page select whether your Announcements should appear before your home page content, or after.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 9:48 AM - Response #6

I see Brad took care of answering you. He's on it! Thanks Brad for everything you do to help us out!

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM - Response #7

You're quite welcome. Smile

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 12:02 AM - Response #8

Thank you Brad!!!

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM - Response #9

Well, we went to school (and graduated) in Okinawa, Japan...it's an island off the southern tip of mainland Japan. Since flying there is just too darn costly, we decided to go with Las Vegas! It is a town that caters to all, so if folks get into town before the reunion, or stay afterward, they will be able to find something to pass the time.

I'd love to get back to Okinawa, and see the school, but for now, that's not feasible, so we're looking forward to Vegas! I say that if you don't want to go back to your hometown, then don't! Shake things up a bit and pick a different venue!

Vicki

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.