ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Count Down Clock Source COde

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/13 08:32 PM Views: 1360 Replies: 4
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Where can I find the source code? AND identify it correctly. I have found the source code for the site and MP3 list but cannot determine what count down clock source code looks like. HELP!

Monday, September 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #1

You have one on your home page - from timeanddate.com

You current one is "since" but they also have a countdown version.

This is FLASH code linked via iframe. On your home page starts with

"iframe frameborder="0" height="137" src="http://free.timeanddate.com

that's right after your thank you.

This is their link to create a COUNTDOWN

There are other ways to do this in javascript if you wanted it work on all devices.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM - Response #2

Where do I go to get a countdown to the reunion source?

Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 10:16 PM - Response #3

It is always a good idea to take a look at Class Creator's FAQs found at the top of the page. Under "Questions about building your site" #21 shares these two sites:

MyCountdown.org - an excellent site for reunion countdown clocks.
Reunion Countdown Clock - make yours at Widgetbox. The LiveJournal embed code will work with Class Creator.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM - Response #4

See link in #1 above for one COUNTDOWN source sample in javascript. Works on all devices.

There are others too like this LINK

If you like to tinker you can customize either of those into custom attractive packaging.

Most have used Flash, but those do not work on iPad, iPhone, etc. CC FAQ links reference Flash sites.

For either type they are pasted in Source mode in the editor. Don't worry about any instructions that say to put in the header. Just put the javascript before the display area.

(Edit: After reading Gwen's post - posted while I typed above- CC needs to update the FAQ to delete all the Flash type links. None of those will work for iPad/etc. Since that is the goal of all this new "Social" rework, using any Flash immediately negates all that workIdea )

Edited 01/19/14 10:22 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.