ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Security Breach or a Lie

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/08 10:50 PM Views: 1257 Replies: 1
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Brad, Yesterday to my surprise I noticed on manage classmates three names had double entries and one new name Guest Memers were added to the class lists. One was a deceased classmate, the other one had a completed profile with photos, and one was a classmate who hasn't registered yet. I made sure the entries that I deleted were the ones with blank profile. Has this ever happened before? I didn't think anyone could access this area that wasn't registered. Besides me there is only one other classmate who has admin functions. She wrote something on one of the links that I didn't feel comfortable with to be in our website and asked her to reword it. She said she didn't mess with the class list. Is it possible that this was an outside job?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 4:09 AM - Response #1

Possibilities:

1) It's an outside job. I'd recommend both you and the other Admin change your passwords just in case somebody has figured out how to get into one of your accounts. I highly doubt this is the case, but since I don't know, I'd error on the side of caution.

2) Your other Admin did this and is not admitting it to you. I'm not questioning her honestly, I'm just listing it as a possibility, as we've seen this before...

3) Hijacking: Somebody used a non member's name to create an account to get into your site. I also tend to doubt this is the case, as the person would then have had to rename themselves to match another Classmate name already on your Class List (that's the only way you'd get the double entries you described) and I can't possibly imagine why a hijacker would do that... Our new upcoming Preferences area will thwart hijacking for those schools who are having a problem with it and need to turn it on, but again, I really tend to doubt that's the case here.

It has to be one of these three things above.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.