ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Galleries or Photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/18 01:40 PM Views: 918 Replies: 5
Friday, February 2, 2018 at 1:40 PM

It was pointed out to me that on my 50th Wedding Anniversary page, folders are labeled either "photos" or "galleries." I was wondering why they didn't have the same title. Please take a look.

Thanks,
Carole

Edited 02/02/18 1:41 PM
Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:01 AM - Response #1

Hi, Carole. I took a look and thought I had an idea. After checking a few galleries, I was wrong. Wink Perhaps Jessica, Scott or Kyle will have an answer tomorrow. Wish I had an answer for you. Now I'll be checking the galleries on my sites.

Edited 02/03/18 12:01 AM
Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:50 AM - Response #2

Carole, your galleries appear to differ depending on how they were created: By members or you or maybe attribution. Anyway they have different descriptions on the very top depending on "gallery" vs "photo".

All galleries say "Photos contributed by .... " Photos do not have that line.

Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 7:12 AM - Response #3

The mystery is solved! I'm not sure why; but if "Upload Permissions" is set to "All Classmates" then "1 Gallery" will appear under the thumbnail. If it is set to "Administrators Only" then "Photos" will appear under the thumbnail. This is true for all galleries that are created.

Since I'm the only one that creates and adds photos to my galleries, I'm going to go back and set everything to "Only Administrators" so that "Photos" -- more accurately the number of photos in the gallery -- will appear. I think that is more helpful to the visitor than "1 Gallery."

My thanks to everyone who pondered my puzzle.
Carole

Edited 02/03/18 7:20 AM
Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 8:43 PM - Response #4

Jack,

You beat me to it. I just discovered the same thing on one of my sites

Thanks again for the juke box.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 1:31 AM - Response #5

Glad to see people using it. So thank you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.