ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner - 2 problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/06/10 11:15 AM Views: 1718 Replies: 5
Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I am encountering 2 problems with the Reunion Planner.

(1) Some of the classmates who are registering using are having their answers to custom questions truncated.

(2) One classmate "Frances Hembree (Putman)" appears on the Attending List once, but on the Reports twice; once as Frances Hembree (Putman) & once as Frances Putman.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for the great app.

John Parker

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM - Response #1

Can you tell me the last name of any of the classmates who has their answers truncated? I'm not seeing that in the examples I'm clicking on.

We are working on the beta reports - one of the issues being updated an issue where duplicates appear on the report if the user register and then comes back to purchase. This should be resolved in the next report upload.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #2

The 2 that have had problems are Mickey Blackwell & Jenny Lynn Schneider (Bern). Jenny sent me her answers & I was able to edit her answers. On Mickey Blackwell's the first & last questions for sure were truncated. The first one still is. The last answer was origianlly "I dnn't know what's". I edited it to say "I dnn't know what's going on". Not what he intended but it was just an attempt to see if I could edit the answers.

Thanks for your help,

John

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #3

Where are you seeing them cut off? Is this on a report? If so, how are you viewing it? In Excel, HTML or CSV?

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM - Response #4

The truncation occurred when they were entering the data. At a certain point on a couple of questions the could not enter any more data. I will check with the two to make sure this is correct.

The proble was not in the reporting. Before I ran any reports I looked at the data they entered & I could see where it was truncated.

Thanks
John

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM - Response #5

A clue to data being truncated when classmates enter data while they are registering for the reunion. It seems all data is lost after they enter a " (double quote). I, as an administrator, have no problem entering data containing " but non-administrators seemk to.

We now have had 3 instances of truncation.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.