ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Domain Name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/24/11 08:45 PM Views: 1513 Replies: 5
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM

How can I tell when the domain name for our site will expire?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM - Response #1

Visit http://www.whois.net/ and enter your URL. You'll see information about your website including when it started and when the current registration expires.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM - Response #2

I just looked up my domain at this site and discovered that my address and phone number are available to anyone who searches my domain. I'm not sure that I like that.
Tam

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM - Response #3

James,

There are several sites you can use. I find this to be one of the least confusing: http://www.whois-search.com/

Clean, uncluttered home page; one only data entry box; quick, succinct summary of creation and expiration dates.

Bob

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM - Response #4

Well, I do recall that they sent me an e-mail telling me to pay up cuz I was expiring in X number of days.

If you are using classnames.net, log in, click on Registered Domains, and the expiration date is right there.

Probably works about the same with any domain service.

M:O)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM - Response #5

Tamson Will wrote:

I just looked up my domain at this site and discovered that my address and phone number are available to anyone who searches my domain. I'm not sure that I like that.
Tam

Tam, You might consider adding domain privacy to your domain name. With domain privacy, the name of the company providing the privacy shows up instead of the site administrator's name. You can look up my site (www.sammamish61.com) on whois.net to see how this looks. Classnames.net calls domain privacy ID PROTECT, and they charge $8 per year for it.
Alice

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.