ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message Forum / User Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/30/09 09:06 PM Views: 1784 Replies: 8
Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Our Site has a user forum, but I have noticed message forums on many of the site.

Is that option still available? I really like it. Thanks

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM - Response #1

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Place a checkmark in the Active column next to Message Forums.
3) Edit the opening "Welcome" message to make your first post. Please don't delete that post or your entire Message Forums will no longer be available.

Due to demand we're bringing back the original forums as an option. For some classes (especially large classes) the threaded forums are just what the doctor ordered. But for other classes the original Message Forums have a lesser learning curve and frequently better participation.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #2

THANKS! I cant believe I missed that. I was looking in all of the wrong places!

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM - Response #3

I actually just added that back to your site, you wouldn't have seen it there before. We're going to do the same thing for the entire system, most likely sometime this week.

Monday, August 31, 2009 at 4:46 PM - Response #4

Our Message Forum just disappeared. Based on above post, will it be returning (real soon)?! Please!!!!

Monday, August 31, 2009 at 5:24 PM - Response #5

Looks fine to me. Silly question, but what specifically do you mean by disappeared? I see it right there and can read it, etc.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM - Response #6

VERY SERIOUS Senior Moment - but didn't the Message Forum used to be on a tab at the top and the User Forum appear on the sidebar? Sorry.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM - Response #7

Yes. If you activate your User Forums it takes that position. Eventually you'll be able to slide Custom Links and Default links around yourself to put them right where you want them.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM - Response #8

If active, the User Forums will be on the top navigation on 2 of the site designs. If not active the Message Forums will take the top. When link sorting module comes out allowing you to intermix default links with custom links, you'll be able to slide things around in any order you want. For now User Forums will appear on top if active.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.