ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Info to Profile?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/03/09 05:04 PM Views: 1496 Replies: 9
Friday, April 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM

If I want to add something to the Profile questions, is there any way to NOT have it in the displayed info? Or, can we add anything to the Contact Info, which is private? I am looking to gather some info that would ONLY be for Admin - not for others to view.

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

on the DETAILS page, there is a CLASSMATE NOTES that isn't displayed anywhere. It is a field that is exported to the Download Classmates spreadsheet. This might be what you are looking for.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM - Response #2

Sorry to be dense Confused. Where do I see this DETAILS page? If I go into Edit Profile for my alraedy created one, the only reference I see to details is the checkbox at the bottom about showing same. I don't find it in PROFILE GENERATOR. I don't see it in EDIT CONTACT. What am I missing??? Where do I tell them to enter this info? And, once entered, can I, as Admin, see the details online or do I need to download the database? Thanks.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM - Response #3

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
3) Click the Details link next to Classmate's name
4) Type info in Classmate notes field

Notes field does downoad in the Excel export, yes.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:55 AM - Response #4

I think I am understanding better now....DUHRolling Eyes As Admin, I can add these commments/details on a person-by-person basis. I was looking for a place for them to add this info as they are doing their contact/profile. I would then see it but no one else would. From what I've read here, seems like I can't do that. It would be adding my own field to the Contact Info, which is not on the "near-future" development plate. Do I have it right now?

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM - Response #5

Oh I finally get it now. Sorry! Smile

Why not use your Survey Marker for gathering private info like this? Simply do not set the results to public, so you are the only one who can see the owners' answers. In this way you can collect all the private info you want, whenever you want. Would that work for you?

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM - Response #6

Good Idea! I was hoping to make it a required field on sign-up but I can try to gather it through a survey. If they choose not to answer, oh, well.

Thanks, as usual.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 11:26 AM - Response #7

How about this: Change your default welcome email to include a link to your survey. That way, people sign up, they immediately get a welcome email and a link to the survey info you want them to complete without you having to lift a finger.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #8

OK. I like that! Now...how do I create the link to this page within my welcome message?

http://www.classcreator.com/Phillipsburg-Netherlands-Antilles-Pelican-Resort-2009/member_dosurvey.cfm?SurveyID=6054

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM - Response #9

We should probably make that message editor based. But anyway for now, just drop in this link code:

Click here to take our survey

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.