Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sent messages?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/08 08:01 PM Views: 1267 Replies: 6
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Where can I view my sent messages?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 8:25 PM - Response #1

Hi Cheree. Right now there is not functionality that shows these (that I am aware of) but it is one that I was going to post a message about. I experience a problem where I can't remember who I've sent reminders out to about the reunion. I would love if there is a way to see out sent messages and also get notified of any bouncebacks when we send mass emails.

Brad, would this be possible? I suspect that a handful of my classmates are not receiving the messages because of incorrect email addresses. Would it be possible to forward or copy the administrator on all bounceback (system administrator) emails that show undeliverable mail? That would help us admins to know who is not receiving the mail.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 8:26 PM - Response #2

*Charee

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 9:09 PM - Response #3

Here is an copy of a message Brad posted in August.

---RE: Getting e-mail through the site
Posted Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM

No you are not dumb.

A new threaded email system is in the works for very late this year. It will not only allow you to see sent messages, but entire email conversation threads. Stay tuned.----

Seems like it will still be a while before we be able to view our "Sent Messages"
Sorry for the bad news...but we can look forward to it's arrival.
Anita

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM - Response #4

Threaded email and a bounceback delivery system are both coming. On "the list."

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 7:39 AM - Response #5

Ahhh yes. The elusive list. I know it well. Smile

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 11:37 AM - Response #6

You could print the page of that email. (Click on File>Print on your browser).

Here's how I started: When I mass email the group, I include my own email. After you hit send, there is a page that lists the recipients. Print that page.

If you are tracking through Excel from a ClassCreator downloaded list, you could modify columns to suit what you are tracking. You could code a certain type of email that you send. ie. "ppt" means "profile, pics & tix". This is my standard "Thanks for updating your profile. Please update some recent photos when possible. Will you be able to come to reunion OR How many tickets will you need? You can indicate your decision on the "Edit Profile" link on the left. To order tickets, please click on the "20 yr Reunion" link on the left, and follow the directions. You can pay by cheque or paypal. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. Looking forward to seeing you OR I can't hardly wait Or whatever"

That's the basis with slight variations, but all of the same theme = Commit and Pay!! lol

Crystal

p.s. Yes, way too wordy, but my brain hurts...reunion is <3wks away!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.