ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Video on Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/03/09 03:00 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 7
Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Is there a way to put a video (say 30-40 seconds) on our Home Page?

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM - Response #1

The easiest way to do it is just upload the video to Youtube and then put the code for your video on your home page. It's very easy.

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #18

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM - Response #2

ed,

that is a gr8 way to implement video,

you tube's parameters are a little tricky also, but they walk you through it

one thing i found was you can create the correct width of the player in the set up modules...it needs to be below 378 and i think their small player is around 340...

play around with it and we all will help you out
another helpful hint i found in one of the threads here is:

when you finally get your source code made and copy it,
when you go to your edit home page button...where ever you want to place the player type capital XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's across and then,
click on the source code button, scroll down to find the
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's, highlight over those and paste in the code, if when you paste it and it shows up like this , look at the width="425"...that needs to be changed to 378 or less e.g.:

Very Happy

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM - Response #3

OK! Thanks!

I got it working on our home page which is pretty cool since I didn't have a YouTube account before now . . .

Only problem is we have our music player playing whenever you're on our home page. So . . . when the YouTube video plays both audios are playing. Anybody know how to mute the music player when the YouTube starts and unmute when it's finished?

Am I getting esoteric now?

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM - Response #4

I know of no such way to do that. But you could easily set one of the two components to not auto play.

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM - Response #5

I ended up just putting a message to mute the music player before playing the video . . . seems to be working out fine. Thanks to both of you for your help - Ed

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 7:41 AM - Response #6

Great job for the Wolfpack! I love the video that you put on the home page. I think I'll do something like that on ours. Check out our site - the class of '68 Robert E. Lee.

Again, great job!

Pam Register Murray

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 8:26 AM - Response #7

Thanks Pam! I checked out your website - very cool! I like the yearbook stuff. We created something sort of similar set to music - about a 20 minute DVD as a gift for classmates at the reunion. The short video on our homepage is the intro to that DVD. I liked your elementary photos too. We've been putting some of those up one at a time as sort of a quiz for people to discuss in Message Forum. Class Creator really makes this a fun thing to host. Hope your reunion was fun! Ed White

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.