ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/21/14 10:53 PM Views: 778 Replies: 6
Friday, February 21, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I am having a problem loading a slide show of photos into my class site.

I would like to create a separate link on the side bar that people could click on.

I can successfully do everything except create a slide show. I can create a link on the side bar but when clicked on it takes you to a page that shows the photos in a group. It is stationary and does not move. I really prefer the side show.

I am wondering if my problem is because we have a basic site.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM - Response #1

I'm assuming you have created a gallery. (I didn't see any active link - so guessing here.)

If you click on any small stationary photo shown, it opens a "slide show" in the sense that the images change after a set amount of time. Or one can stop and manually advance.

Is that what you are looking for?

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM - Response #2

Thanks so much for your reply. I did what you said and after clicking on the photos they changed as you said they would.

Yes, I have created a gallery, but it is not active because it does not present the photos as I want them to look.

If I click on embed code I see my photos and comments shuffle. That is what I want to appear on the web site. It can be on the home page or in a separate link on the side bar.

I tried to use the instructions from U-Tube, but the link verb age appears after copy and pasting into the "link".

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

If you want to use the 'embed' code on any page here's how to do it. Copy the code shown in the little box - click on code and then Ctrl+C. Then you go to edit the page you want to have the slideshow and click source mode (upper left button).

Now you see the actual html code behind the visual. Find the location where you want the slides to appear and press Ctrl+V (paste).

The easiest way to locate where you want something to appear is to type in some special characters - for example - MY SLIDE SHOW and look for that.

The only caution for the embedded slideshow is that it will not work on iPads, iPhones and some other tablet devices. It's technically possible to generate code that can work everywhere. I imagine that will be done eventually.Idea

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:03 PM - Response #4

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! THE SLIDESHOW IS UP AND RUNNING AND I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.

YOUR HELP IS SO APPRECIATED.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM - Response #5

You are welcome. Wasn't sure if all that was written OK. So you must be able to read my mind.Laughing

Just curious - I noticed they are relatively small pictures? That's good for fast loading - just harder to see.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM - Response #6

I agree, the system recommended that they be small if you want to put them on the Home page.
Thanks again for your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.