ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need help posting a PX file slideshow (ProShow Gold)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/19/09 10:40 AM Views: 1631 Replies: 10
Monday, October 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I created a slideshow using Photodex's ProShow Gold, but can't get it to work on our website. I pasted the HTML code, but Photodex said I also have to include the PX file, but they couldn't help me on how to do that. I am totally out of my league here!

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM - Response #1

The px and flv files need to be uploaded to your File Vault. See these 2 threads:

1) Thread 1

2) Thread 2

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM - Response #2

I don't see the chain link icon when I'm in edit mode for my pages. I see an image icon, but not a chain link.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM - Response #3

It's 2 icons to the left of the anchor. There's a little globe behind it. When you hover over it a little popout appears that says "insert/edit link".

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 12:16 PM - Response #4

Thanks! It is now loaded into File Vault, but I think I need help embedding it. I tried playing around with it and it didn't work - I noticed you had given another person some source code to use. Could you please send me the source code that would work for our site?

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM - Response #5

Brad:

What I ultimately want is for this slideshow to automatically start up when the home page is opened. It will replace the current slideshow I have on the home page from Photobucket. Not sure if that changes what the next steps are, but just thought I'd let you know.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM - Response #6

Whether the slide show auto starts, or must be clicked to be played, is fully up to you and how you set it up when you built it.

Please give me a list of all files pertaining to the slideshow that you have uploaded to File Vault.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM - Response #7

The only thing I've uploaded into File Vault is called webshow_v1_2.px. It's the webshow I created while using ProShow Gold. I tried creating a Flash copy, and it works when I open it from my files, but it doesn't work when I upload it and preview it from File Vault. The only thing I can preview from File Vault is the webshow, so I deleted the Flash copy. It is so frustrating not being a programmer! Smile

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM - Response #8

The px file is just a small instructional file that calls the main file, which is your .flv file. Please upload the .flv file to File Vault. Until it's there there's nothing else that can happen.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:52 PM - Response #9

I recreated my slideshow's output in Flash (again), renamed it, and downloaded everything I saw associated with it. The HTML and .swf files downloaded very quickly, but the 19 MB .flv file seems to not want to download. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but the green download bar left 15 minutes ago, and the screen still says "Upload a new file in this folder (upload in progress, please wait". I will let it run overnight, but I think there's a problem. Please advise....

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 2:43 AM - Response #10

If you wanna get all technical, you are uploading rather than downloading. If you're having trouble getting a large file to the system feel free to pop it on a CD and mail it to us. We'd be happy to place it in your File Vault for you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.