ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Posting on profile page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/15/24 04:25 PM Views: 170 Replies: 7
Thursday, August 15, 2024 at 4:25 PM

We have a member who says he is no longer able to post on his own profile page. Is there a limit to the amount of words that he can post (he has been very active) or has a setting been changed? Thank you!

No problem with storage limit. Member says he cannot post on his page or message center.

Edited 08/16/24 6:44 PM
Thursday, August 15, 2024 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

I don't believe there is any limit to the amount of words one can post in the Comments or School Story sections. Someone at Class Creator will have to verify this.

The only other thing I can think of that might be impacting this situation is if you are close to your site's storage limit. I imagine words in Comments and School Story count against your storage limit, but the amount of space they take up is miniscule, so I don't think this would be an issue.

Edited 08/15/24 5:33 PM
Saturday, August 17, 2024 at 5:33 PM - Response #2

Class Creator techs:

Please let me know if you need his name to research the problem.

Thank you.

Sunday, August 18, 2024 at 12:41 AM - Response #3

Laurel,
You didn't say exactly where in his profile he's having trouble posting. When he's filling in answers to his profile's Q/A sections, most questions allow up to 4000 character answers. And I'm not aware of any limit on total characters for all question's answers.

As far as posting messages to the class and comments in his own (or other's) profile, (or in What's New) there may be some limit per post or total characters posted, but I've seen a series of pretty lengthly posts from one my my classmates who has always been famous as one who could turn any sentence into an extended series of paragraphs.

From what I've heard and read about any of those answers to profile Q/A options or profile messages and comments, none of those count against your vault storage limit. And neither do any of the photos (with or without captions) posted in a member's profile's photo gallery.

I'd be interested to hear what error message he sees, or more details of whatever problem he's experiencing. If his profile is set to not block search engines and outsider viewing, he could see most of his profile without logging in - but posting would not allowed.

Sunday, August 18, 2024 at 8:12 AM - Response #4

John,

Thank you for the response.

Classmate said the message was Access Denied at both his personal page and also at the Message Center. He was able to post his question to me at the Message Forum.

He does post very long personal stories on his own page, but I believe I checked on this previously and understood that there is no limit there.

Thank you!

Sunday, August 18, 2024 at 11:13 AM - Response #5

Hmmmm.... that rings a faint bell from a while back where someone had unchecked "Allow Comments" in their profile, and then was not allowed to enter comments in their own profile - or in other profiles below where he had previously posted a comment. May not have anything to do with this problem, but it's worth a check.

Sunday, August 18, 2024 at 6:38 PM - Response #6

John's comment also sounds familiar. Verify that first.

If the error message was literally "Denied Access" that often goes back to the browser/server. Need to see the actual error message to see who generated the message.

I suggest he clear his browser's cache since the error can be gone but it's still present in the sense of being "stored" in memory.

Monday, August 19, 2024 at 7:37 AM - Response #7

Thanks to both of you!

He is back, and I'm sure he will be happily posting soon.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.