ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

help... new to this

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/08 04:34 PM Views: 1218 Replies: 9
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM

While I was trying to go through the steps to create our page, I received an error and it kicked me out of the system. When I tried to go in to start over, it told me my page was already created. I was only a few steps into the process. So... I'm not sure what I missed, but our page is pretty drab and I'm not sure where to start to gtet things going! Any words of wisdow?

Edited 09/16/08 4:35 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 5:31 PM - Response #1

Hi Jessica,
Log into your administrators site...Click on Edit Pages...then click on edit next to Home Page. Start by entering your information in the visual editor you see there. You can also add information on the Home page by clicking...[click here to manage Announcements] which is located up a little higher on the "Edit" Home Page. I think this will get you started.
The site is really very easy to use once you get the hang of it.
Good Luck and you know you have all of us here that will be glad to help with whatever you need!
Anita

Edited 09/16/08 5:32 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM - Response #2

Thank you. Got that far! Is there a trick to uploading photos? I tried to add one and it told me to enter the photos URL? Thanks again!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM - Response #3

If the photos are saved on your computer, click the browse button, look for where in your computer you have them saved and click on the picture. It will load it all for you.
Hope this helps you.
Mike

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM - Response #4

Oops, double post. My bad.

Edited 09/16/08 6:22 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM - Response #5

That's exactly what I did. Hmmm.... Wonder what I did wrong...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM - Response #6

I have been having a problem using aol to do any mods or changes to my site. I know log iin through Internet Explorer to do my site changes and have had zero problems.
Hope this helps, as I know it gets frustrating to work so hard and have it not work.
Mike

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM - Response #7

Note, if ya got booted out of the wizard for whatever reason, have no fear, there is nothing that happens in the site creation wizard that you can't do from your Administration Area.

For uploading photos:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click on Qustions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #7

Edited 09/16/08 9:25 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 9:13 PM - Response #8

I have to chime in here. Anita said it best when she said we are all here to help. I count three people jumping in to help the newbie. Welcome to our community. Good luck with your site. Tam

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 10:40 PM - Response #9

By the way, if you are being asked for the photo ULR, you're simply not waiting long enough for your file to transfer. Try resizing your image down to 1,000 pixels wide before uploading. Our system is only going to reize your image for you anyway if you upload a super big file. You'll save yourself a ton of time by bumping the size down on your own computer before sending up to the server.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.