ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploaded email addresses show as "bad"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/08 01:31 PM Views: 1021 Replies: 2
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM

I went in to email the class but found on the class list came up, all of the email addresses showed as "bad" and there were not any check boxes to include or exclude names from the mass mailing.

In checking the details of the classmate, the email address appears to be correct.

What can I do to make this work?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM - Response #1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all of those email addresses on your class list that are coming up bad, really are bad. You'll need to correct every single one of them, as not only will your email the class function not work properly, neither will pretty much anything else...

Look at this eamil address on your Class List for example: svjm@comcastcom

There is no period bebore the .com. Therefore the email address is not a valid email address. And that's why it's showing up as bad. I'm not sure if you had some sort of problem in your initial Excel import template or what, but you seem to be missing the period before the extension on numerous email addresses. You're going to have to go into every single record with a bad email address, one at a time, and fix them all so they're valid.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM - Response #2

Thanks so much for the enlightenment! Bummer....but I will take care of the correction.

Love the forums and will try to learn from the advice and suggestions offered

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.