ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Access Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/25/12 11:50 AM Views: 1537 Replies: 11
Monday, June 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

When a classmate is approved, do they receive a notification that they have been approved and granted access? (See Below)

DO NOT ALLOW new subscribing Classmates to view password protected areas of the web site, access any restricted Classmate Profiles, send or receive emails, post messages in forums, participate in Live Chat, and hide Profile information from other Classmates until the new Classmate's identity has been verified. (Note: If you select this option, a new "Verified" field will appear in the Classmate's Profile area that only you, the Site Administrator, can see. When a new Classmate joins your site and the Classmate's identify has been confirmed, toggle the "Verified" field to "yes". The default will remain "no" until you do this. Once toggled to "yes" the new Classmate will be granted access to restricted areas of your site.

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM - Response #1

The classmate is not notified by email when they are verified. Instead, they are simply no longer restricted in their use of or access to the pages of the class website.

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM - Response #2

That doesn't seem to make much sense does it? I have had quite a few people "give up" after they register because it took an hour for me to get their email and they figured it just didn't work when they registered and didn't come back. Is there a way we can add this where an automated "you've been approved, login now" sort of email can be sent?

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM - Response #3

I avoided this situation by the verbiage in the instructions for new folks signing up, telling them that it might be as much as 24 hours before an administrator approves them.

Then again, many people do NOT read instructions, but so far, we have not had the issue you write about Sherry.

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM - Response #4

Got it, I went ahead and did that so hopefully it will suffice. Thank you!

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM - Response #5

It is generally far more effective to set proper expectations beforehand than to hope people will come back again after being notified of a change.

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM - Response #6

As administrator, each Classmate and guest member receives a personal "Welcome to our Site" message, which along with our Picture Gallery, Birthday Greetings and timed useful announcements, promotes our Web Site to the extent that we receive more than Eight (Cool visits per day. If you would like to see what we do, we are willing to grant guest member status. This is an on going learning process for all of us, and we get a lot of posiitive feed back. It requires work to get good results but the tools are in place to make your site a pleasure for everyone to participate.

Edited 06/25/12 1:32 PM
Monday, June 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM - Response #7

I would love to see your permission authorization for Parker 1961.

I ass-u-me (you what that makes of me), that the website sent a notification to the person I had approved. Positive feedback to a new member is ALWAYS a good thing.

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM - Response #8

After I approve them I send out a personal e-mail saying something like

"Hi X, You've probably already received the robo -e-mail from me re this site but this one is the real deal! WELCOME! Glad to have you with us. I've approved you for the site and you now have all the privileges of your classmates. Please feel free to poke around (you won't break anything). If you have a question or suggestions for making the site better please let me know. I'm only a 'Contact Us' away. -Jim"

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM - Response #9

I would love to see the tools you use to make your site so successful.
Esther

Friday, June 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM - Response #10

Eric B Bassey wrote:

The classmate is not notified by email when they are verified. Instead, they are simply no longer restricted in their use of or access to the pages of the class website.

One of my sites is set to require verification first. On the Preferences page, I have checked and added a Welcome Message. In this spot, it says that if they require verification, the Welcome message goes out only after they have been verified. This is how I have been operating for several years on that account.

Friday, June 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM - Response #11

Thank you Barbara for that info! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.