ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problem uploading photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/26/10 03:19 PM Views: 1544 Replies: 22
Sunday, December 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to upload photos. When I click on upload photos it is not recognizing me clicking on that link. I have uploaded photos often before with no issues.
Thank you,
Linda

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM - Response #1

What operating system and browser are you using? I just tested the functionality on my end and it worked fine. I tested in IE on a PC. I also tested in Firefox.

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

Hi Scott,
I'm using a PC

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM - Response #3

What browser are you using? Have you rebooted your computer since you noticed the issue, and tried again? Do you have any add-on toolbars running in your browser? Or possibly a personal firewall that is stopping uploads? Be as descriptive as you can. Attach any screenshots that you think would help us to determine the issue. Also, have you installed any new software lately?

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM - Response #4

I'm using microsoft version 5.1 and internet explorer. I have rebooted a couple of times. No luck. I havent done anything with my firewall nor tool bars. I upgraded to a new version of aol. That is the only change.

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM - Response #5

Can you use Firefox to see if it works in that browser?

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM - Response #6

tried but it is not my default so it won't let me

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 2:00 PM - Response #7

It may not be your default browser, which is okay. When it asks you if you wish to make Firefox your default broswer, you can say no, but then you can still use the browser to get to your site and log in.

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM - Response #8

No luck. It tells me error on page. I will have to sign off for now. Have an appointment. Any other thoughts?
Thank you

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM - Response #9

Tried once more,,,same issue, not recognizing click for upload photos. :O(

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM - Response #10

What is the specific error message you are seeing, word for word?

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM - Response #11

The error message was on the site page at the bottom not through the network. Any other thoughts? I have never had a problem before.

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM - Response #12

It's a little yellow exclamation point down in the status bar correct? That's perfect. Double click it to read the full error message. Then copy and paste it into this thread. That's exactly what we need.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 5:37 AM - Response #13

Brad, unfortunately that message only came up the one time out of a dozen times trying to redirect the page to the upload page. It is as if there is a disconnect when I click on upload pictures. There is no redirect going on that you usually see. It doesn't recognize me asking it to go to that page. I tried it again five times now again.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:07 AM - Response #14

I just tried to open it again in internet explorer and got the error message in detail as follows:
Expected '}'
jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.jus
object doesn't support this property or method
member_photos_list.cfm
code:0
URI:http:www.oprf78.com/member_photolist.fm

To the right of the message- Line678
Char 3

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:29 AM - Response #15

There we go, great! Thank you. I'll pass this along to Programming for investigation.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM - Response #16

Thank you Brad

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM - Response #17

Good Morning Brad,
Any answers as yet?
Thank you,
Linda

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 11:07 AM - Response #18

Linda, I spoke to a programmer and he requested that you take a screen capture image and send that to us for review.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM - Response #19

Hi Scott,
How do I do a screen capture and of what am I taking it of? It doesn't acknowledge my click on the webpage...nothing to capture.....if it's the error message in full..I tried to copy and paste it in its entirety and it would not let me.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM - Response #20

With the error message displaying, on your keyboard, press the Alt key and the Prt Scr (Print Screen) keys at the same time. Open an a new email window and paste the image in the body of the message. You should be able to right click on the screen and select Paste or use the keyboard and press the Ctrl and V keys at the same time to paste. Send the email to scott@classcreator.com

If you can't get it to paste into an email message, you will need to open a Word document and paste the image into a document. Save the document and attach the file to an email and send it to that same email address.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM - Response #21

Well, just went in to follow your instructions and it let me upload the photos. You must have magic pixie dust. I went in under internet explorer. Thank you for all of your help. Hopefully it will work now each time.
Happy New Year!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM - Response #22

Interesting. We didn't make any changes on our end, which confirms for me that it was a conflict on your computer. Happy it's fixed because we probably wouldn't have been able to fix it for you. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.