ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ATTACHMENT

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/04/13 08:12 PM Views: 961 Replies: 8
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

One of our classmates just sent me a private e mail (not via website) with an attachment that she says is in "pdf format".

She wants me to open the attachment, copy it and send it via our website to the entire class.

I cannot seem to copy this to paste on the website.

I do not even know what a pdf is...so is there a way I can do this or not?

JIM

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM - Response #1

Any one out there?

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #2

You will need to upload the document into the file vault and link to it.

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page next to Homepage. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the File Vault button, which will open the File Vault window. Look for Browse at the bottom of the window and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then press the Upload button. This will upload your file to the file vault from which you can link to for people to access the document.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM - Response #3

Jim a "PDF" file is an ADOBE ACROBAT file. It can be read by any PC that has ADOBE READER.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM - Response #4

And if a pc does not have Adobe Reader, the user will be prompted to download the reader. Smile

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM - Response #5

Gwen....are Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat all the same thing? I am getting message everywhere now!

Edited 04/05/13 8:01 PM
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM - Response #6

Adobe reader is a free program deployed by Adobe for use in READING a PDF file. Adobe Acrobat is a program that is used to create a PDF files and is not free. Adobe gets from $150 to $400 depending on which level You buy. There are shareware programs available that can produce PDF compatible files that cost a s little as $0 up to $49.

Adobe Flash is a totally different format that is used for a lot of presentations and some web tools (some menu's and other featured are produced using Flash.)
To read a flash movie you have to have adobe flash player installed. This You can get free also from Adobe.

To create Flash Movies and Web utilities takes a program and some knowledge that the average Internet user does not have.(and probably does not want). These programs are also not free.

I hope this doesn't muddy the water any more than it already is for you.

See http://www.adobe.com/downloads/?promoid=KAWQL

Edited 04/05/13 8:58 PM
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM - Response #7

That dreaded Player is a pain recently!

No, it is not the same, Jim. If you do not have Adobe Pro or another program that makes a PDF (I used CutePDF for years. It is FREE and works as a printer to make a PDF.), any PDF you open will open in Adobe Reader.

Edited 04/05/13 8:57 PM
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM - Response #8

Another good FREE one is "doPDF".

See it on
http://www.dopdf.com/

Edited 04/05/13 10:31 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.