ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Don't know what I pressed

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/22/09 09:50 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 10
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Yesterday I paid my yearly fees for the domain name. In looking for the link, I may have pressed something incorrectly because my classmates e-mailed me that they were getting this message:

Domain Not Configured
You have entered a domain name you've successfully registered, but it is not yet linked to your Class Creator web site. To make your domain name call up your site please do the following:

Click the "Register Domain Name" link on the left navigation pane.
In the white box at the bottom of the page type in your domain name
Click the "Activate Domain Name" button.
Type the domain name in your browser's address bar. You will now see your web site

I also received this message when trying to log in:

Domain Not Configured
You have entered a domain name you've successfully registered, but it is not yet linked to your Class Creator web site. To make your domain name call up your site please do the following:

Click the "Register Domain Name" link on the left navigation pane.
In the white box at the bottom of the page type in your domain name
Click the "Activate Domain Name" button.
Type the domain name in your browser's address bar. You will now see your web site.

HELP!!!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 1:55 AM - Response #1

Hi Carrie,

Did you follow the steps in the message. I.E. did you do this:

1) Log into your web site.
2) Click the "Register Domain Name" link on the left navigation pane.
3) In the white box at the bottom of the page type in your domain name
4) Click the "Activate Domain Name" button.
Type the domain name in your browser's address bar. You will now see your web site

Doing this should fix the problem.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM - Response #2

Here's the problem:

I cannot get to my website to log on to it. When I type in the website www.stjoanalumni.net it is not showing my homepage. Just the message. There is nowhere for me to click.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM - Response #3

When I got to the domain it goes right to your site. Looks like you must have figured this out.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM - Response #4

You can get to my site? How come I cannot get to my site?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #5

Carrie Miller wrote:

You can get to my site? How come I cannot get to my site?

I can get to your site at http://www.stjoanalumni.net/

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM - Response #6

Are you possibly putting the domain name into a search engine search box like Google rather than the Address bar at the top of the screen?

If you click on the "view site" link next to your post (under your name and logo) it will take you to your site/domain.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM - Response #7

I promise you that I am typing into my address bar. I tried clicking view site from this forum. I tried using what is saved under my favorites. I tried searching on google and then clicking on it. I cleaned out my temporary internet files and cookies. I cannot get to my website.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #8

Spooky... I went ahead and re-entered it. Try it now. I'm on the road in Indianapolis, Indiana and if it works for me here, it has to be working everywhere.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM - Response #9

There are two ways to get to your site - your domain and this system link:

http://www.classcreator.com/St-Clair-Shores-MI-St-Joan-Of-Arc-1947/

Your local Internet provider may have cached the results in their network - if so, that should clear up as their system cache clears up. If that is the case you might have to check back later to see the domain working if clearing your own cache memory didn't update it.

In the mean time most people will be seeing the site by using the domain and you can use the system link until your network updates their caching (hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:40 PM - Response #10

Okay I'm in! Thanks so much for everything. Not sure what happened, but you guys are the best!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.