ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Restricting the General Public?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/14/13 06:39 PM Views: 1006 Replies: 2
Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I love this tool and hope what I describe makes sense.

If I am not logged in, I can see a lot of content. For instance, the forums, picture galleries, and names of classmates are available to anyone on the Internet.

Yes, I can make each page password protected and here lies the root of my question.

Is there a way to allow only classmates to see content without having to give them a password?

I'm assuming if I password protect a page, I will have to distribute the password to the classmates. I'm also assuming I have to provide passwords for every page I don't want the average Internet observer to see.

Maybe something exists that allow registered classmates access to content and disallow those who are not registered.

Do I understand the concept of page protection as it is today?

Thanks.

Clark

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM - Response #1

I'm assuming if I password protect a page, I will have to distribute the password to the classmates. -- WRONG. Password Protected pages can be viewed by any logged in classmate without the system password

All you have to do is to password protect the pages you don't want anyone to view unless they are logged in. We don't recommend that you password protect your home page or your Classmate Profiles page. Classmates can choose (on their profile page) if they want their content to be viewable to anyone or just to logged in classmates.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM - Response #2

You da man!

Seriously, thanks. Your speedy response was both amazing and helpful.

very Best

Clark

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.