ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ClassCreator User Group Meeting on the Horizon?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/03/09 02:09 AM Views: 1347 Replies: 9
Friday, April 3, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Hey there folks,

Are there any CC user groups forming? I for one would think that would be cool. There seem to be a bunch of users in the metro Philadelphia area. I'd love to meet them.

I would also love it if CC would sponsor a big meetup somewhere.

Is there a big meeting hall in Ann Arbor? I wouldn't want the CC team to take too much time off. Chicago would be nice too. There are great facilities and reasonably priced lodging near O'Hare.

Just a thought to ponder...

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 2:26 AM - Response #1

WARNING: We are just as crazy in person as we appear on these forums. Consider yourself forewarned.

If a group of you ever want to come out to Chicago, I'm actually friends with "Famous Dave", the founder of the Famous Dave's restaurant franchise. Dave has a water park called Key Lime Cove just a hop skip and a jump from Chicago O'hare. It's primarily a place for families and kids, but there's all kinds of fun things for adults to do too. It's also just minutes from Six Flags.

If any of you would like to spend a couple days there, maybe I can get some type of "group rate" from Dave. And if you've got kids, bring 'em right along because they'll love every minute of it. I've been to "The Cove" several times and it's just a ton of fun every time.

It's such a virtual world. We've only met one real life Administrator, and that would be Ken Kelsey. We'd love to have an opportunity to meet as many of you as we can.

Edited 04/03/09 2:28 AM
Friday, April 3, 2009 at 5:28 AM - Response #2

Some sort of a "conference" in the future would be great!! I'd love to travel to one to share tips with other users and vacation with my family.

Summer 2010 would be the perfect time!! : )

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM - Response #3

I would come !!!

I would be the one with the red hat with the red & black plume. I will have to leave my sword home ... I don't think my sword would make it through the airport screening. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Cav

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM - Response #4

Count me in too! Famous Daves Key Lime Cove in the Chicago area is great. It would be great if this became an annual meeting for CC. How about having the 2nd one at Disney World?

Beth

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 1:17 AM - Response #5

Great idea. I'm a former meeting planner, I can help Brad plan our CC Reunion! ...Well, it's not exactly a reunion, but no one but us has to know. Very Happy

Gee, you think that we'll be needing a site to plan it onQuestion

(I was the founding president of the Michigan chapter of MPI (Meeting Professionals International) 30 years ago this fall.)

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 9:05 AM - Response #6

Quote:

"And if you've got kids, bring 'em right along because they'll love every minute of it. I've been to "The Cove" several times and it's just a ton of fun every time."

Brad, I think you're missing the breadth of appeal here. At age 62 my kids are adults, my classmates mostly have grandkids and some of them already have great-grandkids.

A User's Group UnReunion would be hilarious. CC is one of those things that brings people along without regard to age, economic status, creed, color, persuasion of any type. If something like this comes off, it could get out of hand in a very fun way.

I mentioned Chicago because you can get there inexpensively from almost anywhere in the country, you can get around without a car and there is plenty of inexpensive lodging near O'Hare. People might bring their whole tribes... think of it.

Stop me before I get carried away here.Idea'Very HappyIdea

Edited 04/04/09 9:41 AM
Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM - Response #7

What a wonderful idea! Beth, Brad's sister, brought this to my attention at Facebook. Yes, there are some of us at Facebook too!
I'm in PA but could make plans to go just about anywhere. It would be great to put faces with school names.
What we have here is a wonderful community of, basically, anonymous folks who are always willing the help, share and support other admins.
It's high time we had a chance to meet in person.
Count me in.
Tam

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM - Response #8

I'm open to whatever you guys want. We have admins ranging from 18 years old to 80 years old. So I say bring the kids, the grandkids, or the great grandkids. Smile The nice thing about Key Lime is for those admins who do have kids, where it would be hard to get away for a couple of days without them, they can come right along and entertain themselves the entire time while the CC Admins are hangin' out. Plus we could most likely get a nice group rate and everybody could stay right on property rather than be scattered amongst various hotels. That way those of us "late night nuts" could hang out until the wee hours of the morning working on our class web sites on the Key Lime wifi. Maybe I could give a lesson or two on how to do some advanced stuff on your site -- the kinds of things that would be difficult to cover here. Anyway just a thought, I'm open to whatever you guys would like.

Edited 04/04/09 12:50 PM
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM - Response #9

That really sounds great, Brad. I just hope I can wait until 2010 to meet with everybody. How many people can Key Lime hold, as far as lodging is concerned?
I see about 20 pages of "members" whatever that means, which is just shy of 2000 people registered. Since only your crew knows what the rate of adoption of your web site, and only you know the dropout rate, then you're going to get to do an estimating job, but my guess is somewhere between 3 - 5% of the current user base would be interested... probably on the lower end. That would still be 60 - 100 administrators.
[Ken Kelsey: Would that sound about right to you?]
If there is a Tech Thread and a Reunion Planner thread, then you could reach a broad spectrum of skills and needs.
I can pretty much handle the Geek stuff, it's the Reunion Function and Fun Ideas that I come up short on. I'm sure some Party People would love to strut their stuff.
Maybe the "Wyoming Avenue Fight Club" could give us a pitch on how to give and take punches. Rolling Eyes
Anyway this could be great fun if it gets started now. Not to overplan, but to get an idea of the level of interest and set a date like any reunion planner would do.
Oh, since most of us have never come together before, I suggest that the first one of these is a "Union". The 2011 event would be the first "Reunion."
Dream on!

Edited 04/05/09 5:58 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.