ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Canadian Issues

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/22/09 07:07 PM Views: 1199 Replies: 1
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Hi ...

Besides the who USD thing, another annoyance is the "Military" question in the Profiles.

I changed the question to "Attending Church", but it has the unintended consequence of placing flags by users. Also, I didn't realize that when editing one's profile, while it now asks my question ("Attending Church"), it still asks "Enter branch served" and Country (and below: "Leave blank if you did not serve the military")

I guess I should have turned this question off, and added my own.

Any way to fix, other than to manually edit the profiles?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 2:03 AM - Response #1

DO NOT, under any circumstances, change the intent of our default Profile questions. We state this very boldly right on the page where you edit your questions itself, but I realize we're never going to get 100% of people to read the directions. Thus sometimes you're going to get unexpected results, such as what you've described above.

Awhile back somebody changed our "Attending Reunion?" question to "Divorced?" instead. Thus as a result, every single person who was planning to attend the reunion was showing up as divorced. Although I couldn't help but get a little chuckle out of this, I don't think the class having the problem found it too funny...

Anyway, simply deactivate questions you don't want. I.E. if you don't want to ask about military service, simply deactivate it. Default questions have default behaviors, so I can't say loudly and clearly enough that the ONLY thing you should do with default questions is reword them (but keep the original intent of the question) or deactivate the question entirely. If you want to ask something like "Attend Church?" just add it as a custom question.

Regarding your USD question, we're a little annoyed by that too. Unfortunately it's a limitation of our merchant provider (who is one of the biggest processors online). Note that Canadians can in fact make payments by credit card using the Reunion Planner. They will be billed the right amount, you just need to list the cost of your item in US funds (i.e. you have to do the translation). Yes, it's kind of a drag, and should a better solution come out to accommodate CND payments you can bet we'll implement it.

Edited 05/23/09 2:07 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.