ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner Default Questions

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/16/10 11:54 PM Views: 1406 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Hi -- I see that the default question on how many number of people will be attending has a drop down box with numbers that the classmate can select (1, 2, etc). I have 4 events we need to get numbers for and I would like to have the same number drop down box as an option and can't figure a way to do it other than adding a single text box to type it in. Is there a way I can choose the same kind of drop down you have on the default question above? Thanks, Elaine

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 12:13 AM - Response #1

No, the feature you're referencing is programmed dynamically and based on the number that is inputted into the box. I'm sure it's possible we could replicate that in a way where the user could set it up too. Although that may get a little confusing. Let me think on that.

In any case, it's certainly not possible now. So thinking of your other options:

1) Add a text box for people to put the number in, as you suggested.

2) You could immediately follow it up with another question asking for the names of the guest attendees. It won't be dynamic so you'd have to provide more answer boxes than people would need, like 7 or 8 or so.

3) You could provide one single text entry box and ask the person to enter all guest attendees names into that box.

Hmmmmm. I think that's about it for options.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 12:31 AM - Response #2

Hi Brad, Thanks again for the quick response! The text boxes will work for us but if you see how I have the questions set up it's kind of strange to see the number drop down and then the text boxes for a similar question -- don't need names for each event, just numbers. Just thought I'd mention it since there are even reunions that have multiple events that need separate head counts to give to the venues too. Thanks for thinking about it and the suggstions.

Another thing I wondered is if there is any plan to allow us to change the sequence of the default questions, like moving one to a later numbered spot or is that also not possible? Oh - one more question -- is there a way, other than text boxes, for me to have a drop down with menu selections they just check off their choices on (I couldn't figure out how to do that and thought I'd ask although, again, I used the text boxes and that will work out ok.

Thanks, Elaine

Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM - Response #3

I have a suggestion for the #of parties and names of parties attending questions. I think it would be very helpful if both of these require an answer.

Friday, April 30, 2010 at 1:20 AM - Response #4

Agreed, we'll do that next time we're making revisions to the Reunion Planner.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.