ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

GOOGLE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/22/09 04:40 PM Views: 1277 Replies: 2
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Brad....I test googled myself as
James Lange-Patrick Henry (our high school)

Then the search completed I selected the following link:

Patrick Henry High School (Minneapolis, MN) Class of 1963, Minneapolis ...

When I clicked on it I was immediately taken to the class website. The problem is it has my email address and password already in the log in box. All i had to do was click log on and I was in. Admin functions and all!!!

Is it supposed to be that way and if so does that allow anyone who uses the above link to have access to the website under my name and password?

Real nervious here...

JIM

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM - Response #1

Nope. You have 2 issues here:

1) You are still logged into your web site. Click the log out link before Googling yourself, and you'll see that when you arrive back at your site from Google, you are not logged in.

2) Your own computer is auto filling your login info for you. Various browsers and toolbars do this, particularly Firefox. Turn off autofill if you don't want that, but you needn't worry about anyone else seeing that, as you're the only one who sees it that way.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM - Response #2

We had that same question when our site launched. A way to reassure yourself is to go to your spouse's computer (or someone else who is NOT a logged-in member) and do the same thing (i.e., try to get into your site). You'll find that they do NOT have the same accessibility that you have on your own computer with auto-fill.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.