ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do we download or print all classmates profiles to make a booklet to hand out.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/22/09 04:25 PM Views: 2995 Replies: 9
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM

If we desire to make a hard copy booklet that includes all the profiles, can we print them or can we download them to a word or other file that can then be printed?

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM - Response #1

You can copy and paste data into any program, such as Word. We're looking into a more automated system for doing this, possibly partnering with Mixbook. Check out Mixbook, many Class Creator Admins use it now to create their books. It's extremely slick.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad,
I understand from your note that you can NOW copy and paste each profile one by one into Word or other word processor which includes 2 or more operations, one to copy the text and one to copy each picture. Unless you correct me, I will assume that my understanding is correct?
I appreciate the fact that you are working on making this process automatic. It will be quite useful.
thanks again, Alan D

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 2:12 AM - Response #3

Yes, if you copy the Profile, it's only going to paste the text. To also add pictures, you'd need to right click on the picture, select copy, and also paste the picture where you want it. It's manual and it's a drag, but it can be done if you have enough patience. You can see why we're seeking a more automated memory book solution..

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM - Response #4

Thanks Brad,
We do appreciate all that you are doing with this site. It has made our reunion effort so much better.

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

It's manual and it's a drag, but it can be done if you have enough patience. You can see why we're seeking a more automated memory book solution..

Any prognosis on when this automated solution will be available?

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM - Response #6

After Christmas. Sorry that's vague, but we haven't really even delved into the API yet because we're working on the next upcoming features, integrated Photo Galleries and Instant Messaging. When we get to Mixbook integration the timeframe on that will really depend on what's all involved, which we can't answer at this time. It'll definitely be sometime in 2010 though, hopefully sooner than later as we know this is a heavily requested feature.

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM - Response #7

I work with the Springfield High School Class of 1960 too. Its 50th is coming up the end of June. They're starting to put together the reunion booklet. Would you advise waiting for Class Creator/Mixbook implementation or going ahead with manual preparation?

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM - Response #8

Go ahead with manual preparation. As cool as the books will be, there's a fair # of things we've chosen to put in front of that project we consider more pressing. It is coming, but we definiteliy won't even be starting on it for awhile yet.

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM - Response #9

Thanks for the rapid response.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.