ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Delete Horizontal Line

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/09/13 07:48 AM Views: 1113 Replies: 8
Monday, December 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I use horizontal lines to separate topics on pages.
Since the CC update, it is very difficult to delete the horizontal lines.

Occasionally I can, with luck, place the cursor in exactly the right spot and the line can be deleted. But it is very difficult to locate this spot and usually can't be done.

Highlighting the line by placing the cursor before and after the line does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM - Response #1

Here are a couple of tricks that might help.

Instead of just CLICKING the horizontal line, click and start to drag the line slightly. Then you should be able to press the "DEL" key on your keyboard and delete the line.

You could also click before the line and type "HERE-->" and then click the SOURCE button and search for "HERE-->" and then delete the "[hr/]" code (the "[" is really a "<" and the "]" is really a ">")

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM - Response #2

The clicking and dragging does not seem to work for me. If I place the cursor on the line and move it slowly left to right there will appear an icon with four arrows. Once I find this, I can delete the line.

The "HERE" is a neat trick and works. Thanks!

Woody

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM - Response #3

Seems like a lot of work now to insert and remove the line. I would think a little programming to remove the characters in the code causing this would be in order. Also, we sure need to incorporate all the standard Microsoft fonts in our editor. I sure would like to see our editor updated in a major way.

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM - Response #4

You may find it more difficult depending on which browser you are using. I find that Firefox makes editing a page much easier than others. With Firefox to eliminate a line, I simply put my cursor above the line and then hit the "delete" button on my keyboard. Done. Sometimes there are issues with Chrome and Internet Explorer that seem to make those browsers quirky for editing the website.

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM - Response #5

The editor we are using is provided by a 3rd party and we do not have the source code to modify the editor.

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM - Response #6

How do I have the sourceQuestion (It's how CC add's it's own little hooks.)

That said, the difficulty also relates to a user's mouse settings, resolution and driver, plus how a browser feeds back that information.

What works for one in apparently similar conditions will not work for anotherCool

Edited 12/09/13 2:07 PM
Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM - Response #7

I agree with Max, we need to incorporate all the standard Microsoft fonts in our editor. I would like to see our editor updated in a major way.Smile

Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM - Response #8

Different years of MS Windows has different "MS" fonts. Also Macs do not use the same fonts. Plus there are the various iPad, Note, Android devices that also have different fonts installed.

Hence, to make sure that pages will look reasonably close to the same on all devices, the font choices are limited to ones that are shared. I recently gave an example of a stock MS script font someone asked about and it doesn't display on an iPad.

The CC editor (called CKeditor) is actually one of the better Web powered editors out there. Go read about it HERE Not saying it can't be improved, just some background.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.