ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Outside email link error

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/15/23 06:21 PM Views: 483 Replies: 5
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 6:21 PM
Screenshot_20230215-180650_Chrome.jpg

I've sent out an announcement to the class with a link to an obituary on a funeral home website. An error occurs when clicking on the link from the email. The same link on our class creator announcement page works fine. ???

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 6:19 PM - Response #1

Can you share a last name for me to reference on your site.?

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:46 PM - Response #2

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Can you share a last name for me to reference on your site.?

Homepage Announcement link 'more (Jim Lundeen) links correctly to the obit. But the email that was sent out with this Annoumcement shows a different address link in the email that recipients received.

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54 PM - Response #3

Scott - This is what shows as the address link when received in the email in the 'more' link:

https://www.classcreator.com/Bloomington-Illinois-1972/$class_index.cfm#A297055

Friday, February 17, 2023 at 6:33 PM - Response #4

This appears to likely be similar to the problem I reported {HERE} not long ago. The "more" link was indeed invalid for one of the notify emails sent for my site, and the 404 error screen showed why the address was not valid.

Monday, February 20, 2023 at 10:43 AM - Response #5

The same thing has happened with another announcement I sent out yesterday. Unable to access from the link provided in the announcement email that is received by the recipient but able to access from the same link on the announcement page on our website. I did not use the words 'more' or 'here' and the issue still persists.

I have now re-sent the announcements through "Email the Class." Appears I may need to do that from now on for ALL announcements that contain a link.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.