ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can We Reorder Links?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/01/10 04:17 PM Views: 4365 Replies: 20
Friday, October 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM

The links on the left side are not exactly in the order that I would like. Can we reorder them?

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM - Response #1

That is the next module to be release - the Link Ordering Module. It is still in development. Probably by the end of the year you will be able to do it.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM - Response #2

Would love this feature. Any idea when it is due to be delivered?

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM - Response #3

It is still not done yet. It is a MAJOR feature that touches all parts of the product. The ClassCreator 3.0 as it has been dubbed will be released in segments. Probably the first half of this year sometime.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Probably the first half of this year sometime.

Is there an updated ETA?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 9:29 AM - Response #5

they are still working on it.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM - Response #6

Yeah... I'd like the Member Functions at the top, and a clear link to log off.

Phyllis Gendelman

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM - Response #7

Not yet? It would seem this is a highly needed but basic feature.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM - Response #8

are we anywhere with being able to reorder links? how can this possibly take so long?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM - Response #9

Jeff Todd wrote:

are we anywhere with being able to reorder links? how can this possibly take so long?

Perhaps there are unanticipated issues and related behind the scenes difficulties they are uncomfortable revealing to account holders in print or chat.)Sad

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM - Response #10

The "Reorder Links" module is also less in priority than the "Reunion Planner" module, the "Notify Me" module, and the "Classmate Profiles Icons" module.

The "Survey Maker" module was earlier this year released to make it easier to create surveys (also includes Profile Generator, Survey Maker, and Reunion Survey).

The "Reunion Planner", and "Reunion Reports" modules were also completed earlier this month. There still could be some problems with these modules, so the development team needs to fix these issues ASAP which takes them away from the development process.

We aren't holding the "Reorder Links" module back or any other module in order to release it at an appropriate time. They are released as soon as they are completed.

Still, the "Reorder Links" is on the list, but there are still several projects ahead of it.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM - Response #11

Well that's a good explanation I suppose - just frustrated that people have been asking for this as far back as 1.5 years ago with responses including 'it will be ready before the end of 2010', 'it will be ready first half of 2011' - etc.

Edited 04/26/12 4:31 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 4:43 PM - Response #12

To quote Marcia Brady, "Something suddenly came up!" (I have always wanted to say that).

We are a privately held company with only a few programmers and the programmers need to handle the emergencies and bug fixes first because we don't want everyone's websites to become non-functional. There are also product updates that are necessary (Browsers are always being upgraded - Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 10, etc. Flash, ) All of the browser updates, we need to make sure that their updates didn't break our code.

The "Reorder Links" module is still supposed to be part of ClassCreator 3.0 which is being released in modules. Yes, it was supposed to be done a long, Long, LONG time ago, but there were always emergencies that needed to be worked on first.

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to ClassCreator 3.0. We are seeing progress.

I, too, have been waiting for ClassCreator 3.0. The part I am most excited about is the Custom icons for the Classmate Profiles page.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 7:46 PM - Response #13

Kyle Erickson wrote:

To quote Marcia Brady, "Something suddenly came up!" (I have always wanted to say that).

Wish I would have remembered that quote recently! Gosh, I could have used it. Love it, Kyle. Very good opening! Smile

We are all looking forward to 3.0 and many of us are just hangin' in. Can't wait for the Custom Icons and being able to reorder links. I think it is going to feel like I'm a kid again with new toys at Christmas! Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Cool

See, the kid is already playing! Wink

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM - Response #14

Kyle Erickson wrote:

We are a privately held company with only a few programmers and the programmers need to handle the emergencies and bug fixes first because we don't want everyone's websites to become non-functional. There are also product updates that are necessary (Browsers are always being upgraded - Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 10, etc. Flash, ) All of the browser updates, we need to make sure that their updates didn't break our code.

The "Reorder Links" module is still supposed to be part of ClassCreator 3.0 which is being released in modules. Yes, it was supposed to be done a long, Long, LONG time ago, but there were always emergencies that needed to be worked on first.

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to ClassCreator 3.0. We are seeing progress.

I, too, have been waiting for ClassCreator 3.0. The part I am most excited about is the Custom icons for the Classmate Profiles page.

I think poeople are just getting so tired of hearing phrases like "light at the end of the tunnel". And I appreciate the specifics regarding the situation because it seems like the only time we would ever read about such really specific detailed info was when the overall site suffers a system crash. And while we are talking about Marcia Brady's classic lines, there is also "Oh! It's my nose!" Hey maybe there can be a "what is your favorite classic t.v. quote" thread. (Just kidding.) So thanks alot for providing a much greater detailed answer.

Edited 04/27/12 2:02 PM
Friday, April 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM - Response #15

I've pretty much given up asking or even believing that it's coming any time soon. Ya get your hopes up only to be disappointed again. That's why I stopped asking for a pony each and every Christmas.

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM - Response #16

Jamie Reed wrote:

I've pretty much given up asking or even believing that it's coming any time soon. Ya get your hopes up only to be disappointed again. That's why I stopped asking for a pony each and every Christmas.

Perfectly said! Totally agree. Unfortunate though that it causes consumer (or account holder) relations and goodwill to take a negative hit.

Edited 04/27/12 2:18 PM
Friday, April 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM - Response #17

It appears that one of the main things you learn here is the impossibility of accurately predicting release dates of new features...

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 2:44 PM - Response #18

THE ANSWER IS YES, YOU CAN REORDER LINKS NOW! More below:

Hey, Class Creator is doing their best! What we have is pretty incredible and amazing. We'd all love things to happen right now to meet our immediate needs but that's "no reason to bite the hand that feeds you". I think because of their experience with the time it takes to get things out they are hesitant to give dates. That's okay. We all love surprises, right?

BUT... for those interested, we found a work-around a long time ago, and have been successfully using it.

You can create pages using your Photo Gallery link! You DON'T just have to use this section for PHOTOS!

We have close to 100 or more pages. Some are not activated and are hidden links and some are visible links on the left side menu. Gallery links can be moved up and down at will. You will need to play with it to see how they fit in with the standard links you are already using.

We save the existing links for pages we want hidden that we may use for a link in an email with a document or information on it. When used this way, the links don't show up on the menu. Just so you know, we have converted most of our menu links to Gallery Links.

Okay have fun figuring this all out. It took us some time to play with it and perfect it.

I can not guarantee how this will all be affected when CC comes out with there new upgrades for moving links on the menu. We may be doing a LOT of cutting and pasting to readjust. But for now this has SOLVED our need to be able to move links up and down as we see fit.

Have fun!

Bruce

Edited 04/27/12 2:50 PM
Friday, April 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM - Response #19

Eric B Bassey wrote:

It appears that one of the main things you learn here is the impossibility of accurately predicting release dates of new features...

It also "appears" that in order for one to "learn", being provided knowledge is essential. Perhaps more specific periodic technical / programming or coding updates (even if it is only to say something like you are having difficulty creating something or someone or something messed up etc...) would faciltate the process. It should not be so surprising that account holders would want to know what's going on, especially given the amount of people who are very web and programming language knowledgable.)

Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM - Response #20

Bruce Eskander-SPHSAA Administrator wrote:

THE ANSWER IS YES, YOU CAN REORDER LINKS NOW! More below:

BUT... for those interested, we found a work-around a long time ago, and have been successfully using it.

You can create pages using your Photo Gallery link! You DON'T just have to use this section for PHOTOS!

We have close to 100 or more pages. Some are not activated and are hidden links and some are visible links on the left side menu. Gallery links can be moved up and down at will. You will need to play with it to see how they fit in with the standard links you are already using.

Bruce

I know I'm quite aware of using those and the survey's to create extra pages but there is no reason why we should have to go through those lengths to do it. It should just be a matter of using an up/down arrow to reassign. It is frustrating on this end to have to constantly wait and wait. And while I love using my sites off of Class Creator, I'm starting to realize how great it is to also use some of my free websites where you can put what you want and in whatever order and not have to wait for us to be told it's on its way at some point and to be patient. But that's just me once again airing my frustrated opinion.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.