ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pending announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/02/09 07:40 PM Views: 1306 Replies: 10
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM

When I log on I get a message in the top right corner that I have 2 pending announcements. When I click on the link all I see are my announcements. I had some that were no longer active and I deleted those but I still get the pending announcements message. Where are the announcements? Has a classmate sent one for approval and I'm just not finding it?

Thanks, Ann

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM - Response #1

DITTO........I have the same question

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM - Response #2

Just happened to me too.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM - Response #3

I'm getting the same thing... I'm sure that they are working on something and turned it on by accident.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM - Response #4

I think it is probably a feature that is similar to "You have XXX profile verifications" that was turned on this morning. They are probably just extending it to "You have XXX announcements to verify".

They probably just have a "get count of all Non-Admin announcements" instead of "get count of all Non-Admin announcements that haven't been viewed yet"

I had the same message, but deleted a user-submitted announcement and the message went away.

Edited 04/02/09 8:33 PM
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM - Response #5

I mine is showing 4, other wise same issue.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM - Response #6

I have one pending announcement but don't see any new ones also. The pending just showed up a little while ago.

Please help!

Betty H

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #7

Hi All,

Sorry we are working on adding several short cuts to the home page for admins - pending announcements and pending verifications. Both are working as expected now but we had a few hicups during implementation.

Should be all set for everyone now.

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 2:03 AM - Response #8

I still have pending announcement with no announcement. Think there is still a bug. Sorry!
Libann (moberlysr59.com)

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 2:30 AM - Response #9

Hi Libann,

It is not a bug - it's just something that will need further clarification.

A Pending Announcement is defined as an announcement that is submitted by a classmate that is awaiting approval from the admin. You do have one listed that is not active.

What we need is a way for you to mark that announcement as no longer pending. This was likely a post you were already aware of and either already posted and removed or never posted but you are already aware of. We're working on the details tomorrow. We'll likely add a way for you to take a pending announcement and either make it active or make it in-active which would be considered it saved - not live or pending.

Edited 04/03/09 2:32 AM
Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM - Response #10

Gotcha! I suspected that but then thought Nah!. I have a person left on that is inactive. I will delete it. Thanks for looking into it.

Havew A Nice Day!

Libann

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.