ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory but keeping profile page live

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/30/13 07:48 PM Views: 948 Replies: 4
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I am trying to think of how to move a teacher into In Memory yet keep his profile page open. Though his wife is in the hospital, she was the computer person. Should she want to go to the site or ask their daughter to... and open the profile again, I want that available to her. I realize that I can make a new profile for him and not link it to a profile but is there a way to keep the profile open and linked from In Memory?

I realize I am not thinking clearly as this death has touched my heart. At times like this, we turn to our friends and fellow admins. Any suggestions?

Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM - Response #1

as long as you don't delete his e-mail address from his profile, his wife can continue to log in.

The In Memory EDIT for the classmate will have a checkbox at the bottom where if you check the box, there will be a link to their old profile information, so the classmates can read the obituary and then click the link and see the profile.

Is this what you were asking?

Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the info. The obit was just posted on the funeral home site and I have the In Memory page done. I wanted to be sure his wife will be able to log-in. Thanks, Kyle.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM - Response #3

His wife cannot only log on but can also make changes to her husband's profile.

A couple of days ago this happened on my site. The daughter of the deceased classmate logged on and made a change to her mother's profile. It was eerie seeing the deceased classmate's name in the list of Profile Updates. Of additional interest there was no indication of her visit in the Last Logins Statistics.

Edited 03/31/13 1:52 PM
Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM - Response #4

Oh, F C... that is good to know. Hopefully, CC will pick up on that. As long as profiles are accessed by the living or the deceased family, the profile log-in should be recorded... in my opinion.

Thanks for commenting, F C!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.