ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Finding Surveys by URL rather than home page links...

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/01/10 11:31 AM Views: 1259 Replies: 4
Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I brought this up before, but can't find the thread now.

Whether using Survey Maker to create simple content pages or for actual surveys, the page must be ACTIVE for anyone to access it. That's intuitive, but I'd like to test some surveys among our reunion team and don't want to make the survey active yet.

Just distributing the URL for the survey page (I turned it on, captured the URL, then turned it off) leads to a blank page.

This "access only by URL" might allow me to place the link to the survey about the 2011 reunion on a page that describes the events being planned so that those taking the survey would be informed of the details as we know them.

Note that with Announcements, it's possible to share the URL of an inactive announcement -- is that because there's a PREVIEW function? Is that a way to make something similar happen to Survey pages?

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM - Response #1

Yes we can do this on our next Survey Maker update.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #2

Do you have any idea when the next Survey Maker update will occur? I would like to clean up our navigation panel by just having one link to our many surveys which would be at levels 2, 3 etc. Thanks.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

The Survey Maker update will be after ClassCreator 3.0 is release, We have no estimate when this will be completed.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM - Response #4

Couldn't you just copy the source from a survey and then create a Gallery and paste the data into that? Do that for each survey by adding to the same Gallery - via another sub-gallery. You don't need pictures.

If you skip the main gallery description you can then put links on first gallery page that points to all the other sub-gallery pages with your surveys.

Trying to keep it short, but that's the idea. Galleries are very flexible and somewhat under-utilized on CC.

Edited 01/07/12 8:08 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.