ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Subscription

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/01/10 10:17 AM Views: 1588 Replies: 11
Friday, October 1, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I get some complaints when members click on "subscribe to all" and they then received all of the birthdays, updates etc. Is there a way I can control or see a members "profile subscription" status? Also, is there a way to have the default set to "none" when someone is creating a profile?
Thank you.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM - Response #1

The Profile Subscriptions link will shortly be replaced with a new Notify Me! link. Classmates will be able to subscribe to various things on the web site, including Profile Updates and Birthday notifications, which will be separate items at that time.

Admins cannot currently see Classmates' Profile subscriptions. We can change that.

The default for Profile Subscriptions already is none so I'm not sure if you're asking something else here, let me know.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM - Response #2

Brad,

Great! That makes a lot of sense for ADMIN to see the set up. I was not sure of the default for Profile Subscriptions.
Thanks

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM - Response #3

Brad

My 2 cents worth is that the text field describing what you are subscribing to is tooooooo wordy. I think if you bullet short lines of "What you get" when subscribing would help until the new version comes out.

For example:

By subscribing to a classmates profile you will receive an email for the following events:
* Each time the classmate's profile is updated.
* Notification of Upcoming Birthday (1 week in advance)
* Notification of Birthday (On the day)
* etc.

By the way - am still trying to figure out why sending a greeting to the actual classmate on their birthday was not done before alerting subcriber of the upcoming birthday. I know you said that is in the hopper.

Edited 10/01/10 11:14 AM
Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Admins cannot currently see Classmates' Profile subscriptions. We can change that.

As an admininstrator I personally would prefer not to be able to either see or control classmates' profile subscriptions. Most importantly that may be considered private by the classmate. Secondarily, it seems it is easily controlled by the classmate and if for any reason someone is having trouble with it I'd rather just explain to them how it works instead of making changes myself.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM - Response #5

I agree with F C. I am putting thinks like this in the USER FORUM so I dont have to explain stuff all the time.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM - Response #6

Stay tuned for Notify Me! which has all new wording.

Privacy is always a consideration. Let me think about this while we develop the feature.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM - Response #7

Hoping that "Details Subscription" for notices on contact info changes will be one of the Admin options, too.

Hmm. If a classmate is subscribed to see profile updates on somebody who has opted to display their address & phone, do those get triggered to the Profile Subscipton if the change was only made on the Details page?

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM - Response #8

Along this same vein, when a classmate passes away his/her name drops off the subscription profile column. If not already on the upcoming Notify Me list, I would like to know when someone posts a comment on individual In Memory pages. This area of the site tends to be overlooked unless we make an effort to peruse it from time to time.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM - Response #9

It's on there.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 6:49 AM - Response #10

So every time someone comments on an In Memory I will get a notice? If so that is good for me. I try to go look at all the comments once and awhile. I have had one or two that I had to delete.

Bob Dahms wrote:

Along this same vein, when a classmate passes away his/her name drops off the subscription profile column. If not already on the upcoming Notify Me list, I would like to know when someone posts a comment on individual In Memory pages. This area of the site tends to be overlooked unless we make an effort to peruse it from time to time.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 8:58 AM - Response #11

Yes, if you subscribe to that option that's what will happen. Once Notify Me! launches if anybody wants anything in addition to the options we've got on there we can probably pretty easily add it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.