ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

classmates with no email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/14/11 12:04 PM Views: 1289 Replies: 4
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

A 2-part question--

How should I handle classmates who don't have an email address? They obviously can't register on the website, but if they have responded by US mail I have their information and would like to include it on the website and in our reunion book.

Is there a way to print out a "blank" profile questionnaire so I am asking the same information from non email classmates?

Thank you!
Joani Lesser

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 10:03 PM - Response #1

You should add the classmate just like a regular classmate, but when you fill out their profile information, put YOUR e-mail address and for their password, you can spell their last name backwards or something you will remember. In one of the comment fields, say that the classmate doesn't have E-mail and that any messages sent to the classmate will be sent to you to be delivered by snail mail. Then if anyone sends a message, just print it and send it.

It would probably be best to copy the profile questions into a word-processing document and print it out because then you wouldn't get the ClassCreator left-side menus or the banners at the top of the printout.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM - Response #2
Registration Form1.pdf

I like the idea adding the Admin email or someone on the committee to take that task. I've used part of the website name as the password also. I created a page (attached) for our non computer class members to fill out as we mail them a registration for the 50th Anniversary. On the last page of the registration is a description of the Confidentially guidelines, so they will know that their information is secure.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 1:13 AM - Response #3

Hi Kyle,
I'm so tired; I'll probably figure this out tomorrow. But it would be so nice if you would help! I screwed up. This is the way my reunion planner is supposed to read. Pat (Pane) Manser sent a check for $100.00. She, her husband, my gentleman friend, and I are going to split a 2 bedroom suite $125.00 ea. per nite; thus avoiding a charge for a hospitality suite which we will hold in our large living room and balcony. The $100.00 is partial payment for the suite and $10.00 for a photo disc of the reunion. I reciprocated and did the same.
Well, whatever I did, the planner only charged for the disc, and 1 too many at that. It shows I owe her $90.00 out of $100.00. The registration is $45.00 per head $100.oo would cover the registration and 1 disc. Would you fix it for me? AND then explain to me what I did wrong?
I think it has something to do with answering the #13 question wrong, or I set it up wrongly.
However, I really do need to understand what and how I was incorrect.
Barbara

Edited 12/20/11 1:14 AM
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM - Response #4

Hi Barbara,

I removed the second disc order from your account.

By checking the "Give Classmates a 4.9% discount..." box, you reduced the amount you actually receive, so you need to increase the item prices accordingly.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.