ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Security issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/02/09 10:46 AM Views: 1224 Replies: 4
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Okay, I had a classmate contact me about this, so I thought I would put it here and let someone tell me how to handle it.

Apparently, this classmate and one of her neighbors had an verbal altercation. I guess this neighbor of hers googled her name and found her as a member of our class on our site. Her profile was not set to private, so this lady was able to send her a message through the site and from what i was told by the classmate, it was not a nice message. She was questioning me on the security of the site, so I told her she needed to make her profile private, which she did. I also made the change where all members must be verified and went through and verified all of the existing members.

But, just to check the issue, I logged out, went to google and searched her name and the first hit was our site. I clicked on her name and it took me to a page that says she has not joined the site yet and if this is her to click here to join and if you know her email address, to enter it so we can send her an email to join. But what I find really strange is below all of this, her photos that are on her profile are all showing up. How can that be if her profile is private? I don't think these photos should be showing up if her profile is private. Is there something else we need to do to prevent this?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM - Response #1

Amy,

Not sure why this is happening, Brad and company can address. However, we were having something similar occuring and they were able to lock down all of our profiles to avoid anything like what you're describing.

Eric

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM - Response #2

Hi Amy,

Can you private message me the name of the classmate or email it to info@classcreator.com so I can check their settings. Did someone enter photos on their behalf? It sounds like they have not joined if it is still asking her to join on the page.

Are you positive her Profile Visibility is turned off so that only logged in classmates can see her profile?

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 3:25 PM - Response #3

Hi Amy,

Thanks for sending me the details. This is all set now. If you are logged in and click on her profile it will open to the full profile. If you are not logged in and click on the link in google you will see the message you must be logged in to view this profile.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #4

Thank you so much!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.