ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

OPT-IN PENDING

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/01/15 10:53 AM Views: 804 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I just had a new classmate join the website, it's been several years since we've had a new classmate join. Anyway, I was writing a new e-mail to the class and just thought to check to see if this new classmate was included in the distribution, he wasn't. Behind his name was the term "OPT-IN PENDING" which I didn't understand. Maybe because it's been awhile since we've had a new addition there is probably something I'm unaware of.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 1:38 PM - Response #1

When your member's join, we send them an email verification where they need to click on the link in the email to become verified (/opted in). This was put into place back in 2012. Until he completes that opt in verification, he will not receive emails via the site.

Friday, October 2, 2015 at 8:51 AM - Response #2

Thanks Scott. I sent the new classmate an email last evening to tell him what to do, noticed this morning that he still hasn't sent in his conformation. I'll give him a couple more days to respond and then figure out what to do. Thanks again, Doug

Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 2:58 PM - Response #3

I heard back from the new classmate and he said he didn't get a verification request. Is there a way that I can resend it to him?

Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 9:26 PM - Response #4

You can't send it to him, but if he logs in to the website, there is a MEMBER FUNCTIONS option to "Resend OPT-IN email" that he can click on to resend the email to his email program.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.