ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding slideshow to home page from gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/28/13 02:06 AM Views: 1082 Replies: 6
Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM

We just had a big multi year reunion tonight and I uploaded some of the photos and wanted to add a slide show to my home page before I went to bed. I've been trying for a couple of hours and can't figure out how to do it and not have the entire page move down. I thought I read that the width owas 479 and I used the embed in the gallery to get the code, added it as a source in an announcement called Planters Reunite Photos and it is not loading and shoves everything on the page down. I have to go to bed because I'm falling asleep at the computer, but I really want this on the home page asap to encourage others to add their photos to the gallery. I had a slide show on my home page before called 40th reunion photos and I thought I was doing this the same way. Please help.
PS I've searched the forums and can't find the instructions for this. Why is it so hard to find the instructions on creating a slideshow from a photo gallery? Thanks.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM - Response #1

Try a width of 425.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM - Response #2

Thanks, that helped with the width, but it just comes up and says "loading" but the slideshow doesn't start. I have it on inactive until I figure it out and just posted a link to the gallery.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM - Response #3

Glad the width helped. Sorry it isn't loading for you. I just embedded a gallery slideshow with 43 pictures into an announcement and had no problem.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM - Response #4

So it seems to be working now. Is there a way to tighten up the space between the announcements and that slideshow on the home page? There is a lot of white space before and after the slideshow.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM - Response #5

Did you change the height as well as the width? Don't know that it's necessary but I usually change them in proportion.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM - Response #6

Ah, yes. That was obvious. Please forgive me, lack of sleep makes the obvious so elusive. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.