ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

sending a file to classmates in email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/01/19 11:29 AM Views: 461 Replies: 2
Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 11:29 AM
Class booklet.docx

I want to send a file that the classmates will fill out to create a class booklet.

So...
1. Can I include a file? How?
If yes...
2. Can they then fill it out and return it to me?
3. Can they download the file and then email it to me using my personal email?
4. Can they print the file, fill it out and then mailed it to me?

If no...
1. Can I put the form in the text of an email and have them email that back to me?

Edited 01/01/19 11:30 AM
Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 11:07 AM - Response #1

Typically an admin will configure the Survey Maker for such a task, however you can accomplish the above as well.

Uploading a non image document to the File Vault...

You first need to upload the document to the file vault and then link to it. To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight the phrase.

2. On the Editor Window, look for the Insert Link button (2nd row, 3rd from right). Click the Insert Link button and the Link window will appear. Click the Browse / Choose File button and locate your file on your computer. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. NOTE - THE PDF NEEDS TO BE LESS THAN 10MB OR ELSE IT WILL NOT UPLOAD... The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.
You should now be able to send yourself a test email and test the link. The document should open when you click the link.

Once the member downloads the file, yes, they can fill it our and then send you a direct email. You will need to tell them your email address as our system does not provide that information.

Yes, they certainly could print it and snail mail it to you , but that will also generate a lot of work on your end retyping that info to be processed into a booklet later. I would avoid this option if possible.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM - Response #2

Another option is to go to www.jotform.com Create an account. Create your questionnaire there and then embed it on a page at your website. Responses come to Jotform where you can download them in spreadsheet format.

Edited 01/15/19 7:42 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.