ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/25/10 11:54 AM Views: 1387 Replies: 5
Monday, January 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I'm sure that this has been covered before, but because they get lost at the bottom of the home page, I'm wondering if I can make "announcements" it's own page and/or if I can move them up on the home page.
Thanks, Melissa

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM - Response #1

On Edit Site Pages, Home Page, there are two different objects, "Your Content" and "Announcements". If you move the "Announcements" object above "Your Content" then they will display first.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM - Response #2

I'm thinking it may be more effective to have "announcements" on a separate page, as I don't like the layout of "announcements" over "content" on the home page. Can I do that and will classmates still be able to post them the same way?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM - Response #3

Hi Melissa,

Announcements are a home page feature only. You can move the announcements under the home page content by going into Edit Site Pages and Choosing the edit button next to Home Page and then moving announcements down using the arrows next to Announcements and Your Content.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM - Response #4

I have tried both of them in different positions, but the bottom line is that the announcements are so far down at the bottom of the page, I'm afraid they will not be noticed. Maybe I should try to edit the space between then - can you let me know if there is a way to do that?
Also, on a separate topic, why is there no "deceased icon" on the names of classmates with no obituary or date of death. On the "in memory" profiles with information the rose appears, but when there is merely a photo, no rose.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:06 PM - Response #5

Melissa Bachrach wrote:

I have tried both of them in different positions, but the bottom line is that the announcements are so far down at the bottom of the page, I'm afraid they will not be noticed. Maybe I should try to edit the space between then - can you let me know if there is a way to do that?
Also, on a separate topic, why is there no "deceased icon" on the names of classmates with no obituary or date of death. On the "in memory" profiles with information the rose appears, but when there is merely a photo, no rose.

Hi Melissa, I find that there often are lines/spaces between sections that I didn't intend to be there, so I'll go in and tweak things by removing spaces (sometimes you have to look at the source code, but if you're not familiar with HTML, be careful what you're deleting).

Regarding the "rose" icon, only the In Memory entries where an administrator has entered some text (obit or other news, etc) for those entries, or a classmate has visited the page and left a comment, will have the "rose" displayed. The "rose" is an indicator of something being added against the entry, beyond the standard senior picture or link to previous profile, etc.

Edited 01/26/10 4:09 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.