ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Admin Forums"

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/23/10 03:29 PM Views: 2080 Replies: 15
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Just now setting up my "Admin Forums" -- which I renamed "Reunion Team Forums".

However, the link at the top of the pages within the Reunion Team Forums still says "Admin Forums". Can you fix that so the name at the top reflects the name I was allowed to give those Forums?

BTW this is going to be a great tool.

Now if only there was a way to send emails to all Admins who have permission to view and post in this area (that's our "Reunion Team".)

Edited 06/23/10 3:31 PM
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM - Response #1

Will add variable name there, good idea.

When we rework the Email The Class feature we can add that. In the meantime just ask your co-Admins to subscribe to the Admin forums. That way they'll get all New Topic posts in their email.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM - Response #2

Variable name now in place for page header.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 6:41 PM - Response #3

Nice - but not complete. Under that new header remains these links:

Admin Forums | Add/Edit Admin Forums | Forum Preferences

And it's that first one that takes our Reunion Team members back to what they'll come to know as "Reunion Team Forums".

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #4

That's fine, we'll change those too tomorrow.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM - Response #5

John Chidester wrote:

Nice - but not complete. Under that new header remains these links:

Admin Forums | Add/Edit Admin Forums | Forum Preferences

And it's that first one that takes our Reunion Team members back to what they'll come to know as "Reunion Team Forums".

John...you come up with the same ideas I have...Man...you sure save me a lot of time...are we are the same wave length...or Our minds melded. LOL!!!!

Edited 06/23/10 9:21 PM
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

You guys are the best. You knew that, but I'm sure it's nice to hear it again.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:19 PM - Response #7

John Chidester wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

You guys are the best. You knew that, but I'm sure it's nice to hear it again.

DITTO!!!!!
Brad, Kyle and Scott ROCK Da HouseExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamation

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM - Response #8

Am I to assume that since I am the only admin, I have no use for "ADMIN FORUMS"???

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM - Response #9

Yes, as the only site Admin, there would be no use in your case for the Admin Forums.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM - Response #10

THX

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM - Response #11

Brad,

I'm basically in the same boat as Abe. My crew is so convinced "email" is all they need, and since I talk to myself all the time, I've put those admin forums to good use. Just like the Member Forums, IM and Live Chat (which no one seems the slightest bit interested in). So I use them as "test" pages for new features that I want to add. I've even considered using them to store the CSS pages that I'm developing to replace all that repetitive HTML code you guys use with your FCK Editor. I think it was Kyle who suggested that I use my File Vault for this code, which I will if I don't have success with these other alternatives.Shocked

Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 12:26 AM - Response #12

Abe G Messarra wrote:

Am I to assume that since I am the only admin, I have no use for "ADMIN FORUMS"???

Hey, Abe... Maybe down the road you'll have some people who want to take on some of the individual years' of your multiple year account! THEN, you'd need the Admin Forums!

John

Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 12:41 AM - Response #13

John, U never can tell . . . However, I DO STILL Believe in Miracles . . . . after our coming reunion this Oct., I might ask for some assistance, several have stepped out and acted like they are computer literate and may be willing to help!

Edited 06/24/10 12:41 AM
Friday, June 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM - Response #14

Thanks Brad the "Forums List" etc. works for my Reunion Team Forums!

Friday, June 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM - Response #15

Great. We had to find something generic and non repetitive so I think Forums List etc. should work well for everyone.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.