ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Online Memory Books

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/16/21 01:46 PM Views: 904 Replies: 7
Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 1:46 PM
Newlywords Class Reunion Memory Book.PNG

Has anyone used an online version of a class memory book (not to be confused with the In Memory list) in which classmates upload their own photos and (at some point in time) a book is available for purchase? Newlywords comes closest to what I'm looking for. I'd like for people to be able to purchase them directly so the reunion committee doesn't have to deal with 100s of copies.

Edited 10/16/21 1:47 PM
Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 10:57 PM - Response #1

Sounds intriguing - following1

Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 1:48 AM - Response #2

Hi JZachman,
I visited
https://www.newlywords.com/
and was thrilled. I'd love to have a PDF to print at the local Kinkos or such. And there are many who would be happy having it as a PDF to scroll through. Then I wondered about the PDF being "Free".

1. A free PDF without a purchase is odd. There are many on ETSY who charge $2.99 up depending on the size file and detail. A PDF of 300 pages is not going to be free, is it?

2. On the bottom of their site, there is a link for a blog. I expected to read about their business, reviews, and more. There is a paragraph about the book toward the end (of a very long page) of photos with links to purchase items on Amazon, Etsy, and more. My guess is the links include a code for the seller to compensate them.

3. Though they do not list a phone number on their website, I found one on their Facebook page. There is an email address as well.
Also on the Facebook page is a tab of 25 reviews going back to the end of 2019. All are 5-star reviews. Hm.

I found one reviewer as the President/CEO of a Chamber of Commerce. I thought it may be okay. Then I copied the phone number into a Google search. The first thing I SHOULD see is the company website. I did not. I see links about scams. If you wish to try it and do see their company website in the results, please let me know.

The https://www.facebook.com/teamnewlywords/about/

I would like to be a believer in this as we are planning our 50th reunion (turning into our 70th birthday) next June.

There is good news! My time was not wasted in this as it led me to Etsy where I was inspired. I now have basic designs for the front and back of a booklet we are considering. Fingers crossed the 1969-70 yearbook staff will be happy to do this. Wish me luck!

Edited 10/26/21 9:15 PM
Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 2:26 PM - Response #3

Howdy, we are currently doing a "Review" of Newlywords and will give a complete report here in about a week. So far, the software has done what it claims to do. There is a bit of advertising involved. Whenever a contributor submits an entry (picture,text,etc) a page pops up asking if they would like to purchase a mug, bag, etc. with the picture displayed on it. If a hard copy book is desired, they are a little bit costly. Will let you know how well the "free" PDF download works.

Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Phil! Appreciate the input.

Monday, October 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM - Response #5

Click link below for software review.

Your text to link here...

Monday, October 18, 2021 at 3:04 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Phil. After reading the review, my thought was "Hm."

Is that your review or one you found?

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:12 PM - Response #7

That is the review we did. We had ten individuals submit different types of data to the "Test" project. For submitters the process is pretty easy. Someone still needs to edit, rearrange, approve the information that is submitted prior to generation of the final PDF. Not sure that many people would be happy with the quality of the final PDF or book.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.