ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link To PDF File

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/18/16 06:06 PM Views: 974 Replies: 5
Monday, January 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I have been moving all of my old class newsletters and photos from a previous website html files into PDF file format. Is there a way to link to them thru the sub-menu system similar to my class year books that are under CMA Yearbooks but each year is under a sub-menu.

I have a main menu link called CMA Newsletters setup and I have a button on the page with a link to the PDF but I would rather use the sub-menu system if I could.

Has anyone used anything like that for PDF's?

Feel Free to visit my website www.carolinamilitary.org to see what I mean.

Monday, January 18, 2016 at 6:46 PM - Response #1

You can make the PDF show on a page by using iframe src=yourpdf or embed like this (pick width height you want)

So you make the sub-menu page "content" one of the above for each PDF. You can have multiple PDFs on one page too.

All done in Editor Source mode

Edited 01/20/16 12:36 AM
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you Jack, I will give it a try.

Randy

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 12:38 AM - Response #3

You are welcome.

I just noticed I put an extraneous /p in there. Edited it just now. Embarassed

Monday, July 11, 2016 at 2:31 PM - Response #4

I want to add additional newsletters by year. I have a separate page for Newsletters, but cannot find a way to download the pdf files, usually 2500kb per file.

Monday, July 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM - Response #5

I think you meant how to "upload" the PDF files (Download is built into most browsers.)

Upload is via the CC editor "Link" icon - 2nd row, 3rd from the right. That opens a window displaying your "File" vault.

Select "File Vault". Once there click "Upload". After that details depend on you how to display. Randy's site is one example.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.