ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"In Memory" comments attributed to administrator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/26/13 09:22 PM Views: 957 Replies: 10
Monday, August 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

As the administrator of our class website, people often send me comments about deceased classmates. After getting their approval, I like to post those comments to the deceased's "In Memory" page, but my name then appears at the top of their comment. Is there any way to prevent this?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM - Response #1

Create a classmate called "Anonymous Classmate" or use your mascot name or some other user. Log in as that user and enter the comment. Or just have the classmate enter their own comments.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM - Response #2

Since you can only submit as yourself, what I do is give credit to the person that sent the post. "Sent by"-----------.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM - Response #3

Since you can only submit as yourself, what I do is give credit to the person that sent the post. "Sent by"-----------.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM - Response #4

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM - Response #5

Thank you, Kyle. That's a good idea. I'll do that.

Tim, that's what I do too, but I don't like my name to be at the top of the comment, in bold type, linked to my profile. But thank you for the suggestion.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM - Response #6

I totally understand. I don't like that much myself, but my class is not much for using computers. We have a few who are really "geeks" like me, and the rest not so much. I wish you the very best.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM - Response #7

I like the idea of a mascot member for certain postings. Thanks for the idea, Kyle!

A notation on the home page and in an email to the class would be a good idea when I start that. Some surprises are good. I think this would be best shared ahead of time.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM - Response #8

You are welcome

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM - Response #9

There are two places that tributes and remembrances get posted on the In Memory page - the edit box that only admins can use, and the comments that classmates can add. If we get a "comment" by a classmate or family member who has not joined the website, we put it into the In Memory edit box and follow it with "- submitted by ..." If we also have an obituary, these additional comments go at the bottom so they're closer to the regular comments section.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM - Response #10

Good idea, Mary! Like the tip!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.