ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

MP3 songs to file vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/14/12 01:58 AM Views: 1723 Replies: 18
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM

The MP3 widget seems to have been changed since I last uploaded music. I must have missed then in the change threads. How do you upload MP3 songs to the file vault so I can link them to the widget. I cant seem to find how to upload or to review what's already there. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM - Response #1

To access the file vault and review the contents, you would go to the Edit page for any page, or to Email the Class and click Compose Email. All you really need is a page with the Content Editor on it. In the Editor Toolbar (the three rows of icons with Source at the upper left) click the Link icon, which is third from the right in the second row. Then click File Vault in the Link panel.

Once the File Vault window opens, you can click the name of any file and then click the Preview button to see or hear the content of the file.

As for uploading files for the music widget, that is done directly from within the widget manager. When editing any playlist in the Widget Manager, click the big BROWSE... button to locate files on your computer and upload them.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM - Response #2

Thanks.

Where do you suggest we host the MP3 files...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM - Response #3

Your file vault.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM - Response #4

Thanks. I figured it out finally list evening. I found another thread that told me how to do it.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM - Response #5

Out of curiosity, what did you ask that I did not answer in this thread?

Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM - Response #6

I know what hasn't been answered for me and I can't find it.
I created a nice widget from the playlist generator but can't figure out how to get it on a page to play the songs?

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM - Response #7

On the page where you edit the playlist (in the generator), copy the content of the box labeled "Embed Code".
On the Edit page for the page on which you want the playlist to show up, click the Source button in the editor toolbar, and then paste in the embed code at the end of whatever is in the Source view.
Click Save Changes.

Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM - Response #8

I am stumped. I was able to upload an mp3 file to my file vault, but when I try to upload three other mp3 files one at a time, I am unable to do that. I went to Home Page Content, clicked on the link button, then choose the file, and hit Upload. I believe that worked for the first file, but not the other three.

In addition, I don't understand how to add these mp3 files to the link I created through Playlist Generator, that now shows on my Home Page as Roosevelt HS Musical Performances.

I even had the IT person at work help me, and he was unable to figure out how to do it. I have looked at your video, and read questions and answers in your Help and Tips section, to no avail.

Please help. I have been trying for weeks to get this done, and I am so frustrated.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM - Response #9

Hi Ben,

Go to Admin Functions > Playlist Generator

Choose the get started button

Click the "Edit" link next to your existing playlist

Choose the browse button to select the MP3 file you wish to include in your playlist.

Once all of the MP3s are listed in the playlist choose the Save and Update playlist which will update the list you already have linked on your home page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM - Response #10

When I click on Browse, and then locate the mp3 file, it does not appear in the Playlist. I use Google Chrome.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM - Response #11

How large are the files? If they are over 10 MB you should see a notice that the files are too large. Depending on your settings in Chrome that might not be popping up.

Jessica

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM - Response #12

Each of the four mp3 files is about 25,000 kb.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM - Response #13

I tried to upload in Internet Explorer, and that didn't work either.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM - Response #14

As Jess noted, if the files are individually sized greater than 10MB, the uploads will not be successful.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM - Response #15

Just in case: what Scott means is that 25,000kb is 25MB Wink

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM - Response #16

I am sorry, but I didn't know the number of kb's in mb's. Now I see that my mp3 files are too large. Can you suggest a program to reduce the amount of kb's for these mp3 files?

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM - Response #17

The size of an MP3 is determined by the sampling bitrate. Usually 44kbps is adequate for good web sound.

You can change size of a file by down-sampling. For example if your MP3 is 128kbps and it's redone to 44kbps it will be about 1/3 the size (not quite that much, but to give you an rough idea).

If you have the original sound re-sampling the original files is better quality vs changing the bitrate of an existing MP3.

There are many programs that will resample, including iTunes. Search for "MP3 resample programs" to find others.

Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM - Response #18

Thanks, I will ask the person who sent me the four mp3 files, which he made from LP's, to make new mp3 files under 10mb each. Instead of two mp3 files for each LP, I will ask him to create six.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.