ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Moving pictures within a photo gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/04/10 04:38 PM Views: 1918 Replies: 8
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Hi Brad,

I have created a gallery called "School Pictures". There are several albums within the gallery for various schools our classmates have attended. One of our classmates uploaded photos meant for one school album to an incorrect album. Is there a way to move the pictures between albums without losing the "credit" for the classmate who uploaded the picture? I haven't found a way to do this yet.

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM - Response #1

Nope. Although that would be a good enhancement for Gallery Creator 2.0. We'd have to figure out exactly how that would work with photo sorting. Probably just pop it in there as the last photo and then let the admin sort it as desired. For now you'd need to have the Classmate upload the photo to the correct gallery.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Nope. Although that would be a good enhancement for Gallery Creator 2.0. We'd have to figure out exactly how that would work with photo sorting. Probably just pop it in there as the last photo and then let the admin sort it as desired. For now you'd need to have the Classmate upload the photo to the correct gallery.

If moving the pictures is hard to do, and we delete and reload, is there a way that we could edit the upload name to give credit where credit is due instead of our name.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM - Response #3

No. But we can add that to the enhancement list for Gallery Creator 2.0 too. All Classmates currently maintain their own gallery within a Community Gallery. For now you'd need to have the Classmate upload the photo to the correct gallery.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 1:31 PM - Response #4

Any idea when we could expect enhancements to the photo gallery...classmates are loading photos to the wrong galleries and I have no way to correct them.

Thanks,

dave

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM - Response #5

The best thing for now is train people how to upload to the correct gallery. If somebody uploads a photo to the wrong gallery you can do this:

1) Click Gallery Creator
2) Click the Photos button next to the gallery
3) Click directly on the thumbnail image
4) Right click the full sized image and save it to your computer
5) Upload it to the right gallery instead

Clunky but works fine. We're not currently working on Gallery Creator and won't be for awhile.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM - Response #6

Additional Tip: Viewing "all" albums in a gallery prior to deleted the misplaced photos will let you copy and paste the captions from the wrong album to the correct album very easily.

Monday, June 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

The best thing for now is train people how to upload to the correct gallery. If somebody uploads a photo to the wrong gallery you can do this:

1) Click Gallery Creator
2) Click the Photos button next to the gallery
3) Click directly on the thumbnail image
4) Right click the full sized image and save it to your computer
5) Upload it to the right gallery instead

Clunky but works fine. We're not currently working on Gallery Creator and won't be for awhile.

I notice that this post is 3 years old... is this still the only method for moving a photo to the correct gallery? I thought it was possible to move an album to a different gallery link but I can't find the option now.

Thanks!

Monday, June 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Response #8

Never mind! Just found it. Not enough coffee yet! Embarassed

Edited 06/24/13 9:00 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.