ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Stubborn Anchor

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/10/09 10:13 AM Views: 1755 Replies: 7
Friday, July 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I thought I did this correctly, and as I had last night. However, the anchor entitled "Fenger Video 2006" refuses to work.

Thanks for your help.
Carole

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

In your anchor you had underscores between your words. In your link to your anchor you had no underscores. That's why it didn't work. While I was in there I removed the spaces and the underscores on both, and now it works. In general I don't recommend creating anchors with spaces in the name. Apparently today's browser's can handle this, but they didn't used to. And I'm not sure what other Internet devices out there (smartphones, etc.) may not handle spaces in anchor names. Probably best to just run the anchor name text together to assure compatibility. with everything.

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM - Response #2

Am I the only one out there who doesn't know what an "anchor" is or means?

Andy Krauser

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM - Response #3

Named anchors allow you to create a link on your page that links the user to a different portion of that same page. Click here for the scoop. Your page editor includes a button to create a named anchor so you don't have to create it in the code.

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #4

Do you know how I managed to get underscores? It wasn't intentional.

Is it all right to go in and run the words together as you suggest or should I do it over?

Thanks,
Carole

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM - Response #5

For consistency I'd go in and run all of the other anchors together, yes. No I have no idea how the underscores got in there, presumably they were keyed in, but if you didn't key them then I'm blaming the gremlins.

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM - Response #6

Damn Gremlins!

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM - Response #7

Is it possible to add an anchor on the home page and attach the anchor to text in an Announcement?

If the anchor is not possible, how can I create a link between text on the home page and text in an Announcement?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.