ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Microsoft Azure

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/19 08:33 AM Views: 726 Replies: 8
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:33 AM

I am trying to see if anyone knows anything about Microsoft Azure. My statcounter results show a number of site/page visits over the past weeks/months. They visit different pages and then the Unsubscribe page on every visit. There are many variations of IP addresses - all from San Antonio, TX, Washington, Wyoming or just United States. The ISP is listed as Microsoft Azure.

When I researched online I found that "Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers."

It seems very strange. Rolling Eyes Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: On closer look I also see visits from Hong Kong, Netherlands, Singapore.

Edited 01/16/19 8:39 AM
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 1:19 PM - Response #1

Hi Barbra,

Just wondering how you are determining this? Are you using Google Analytics?

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the heads up, Barbara. I'm checking my stats now.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

Barbara,
I do not have the Azure reference you mentioned, yet have several attempts out of Bejing, China not getting past the sign-in. I had to laugh at the system attempting access a few is a WinXP. Another, a Win7, attempted once. I found attempts on January 3, 9, 13 and the 15th. Today, there is one using Linux out of the Netherlands.
(This is on mchs1970 for my reference.)

I found one attempt on my alumni site and another site from China on January 13. It came from a FAKE website (https://www.merryblog.top/social-media-tips-for-small-business-success/11631578/). I'm wondering if this could be a try via the October 2018 breach where one of my OLD passwords was included in the data. At some time, I believe I used that old password on the alumni site.

I'm comparing IP addresses on the attempts. I may send one or two into CC to be blocked. Thanks for the heads up... not the extra work. Cool

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 7:10 PM - Response #4

How are you seeing this? When I look at my stats I don't see anything like this.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 7:04 AM - Response #5

Paul Mercier wrote:

Hi Barbra,

Just wondering how you are determining this? Are you using Google Analytics?

I see them in my reports from www.statcounter.com You can sign up for an account for free. It monitors all visits to your website.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 10:19 AM - Response #6

Hi Barbara,
Sorry to be so dense but how did you insert the "Code" snip it into the master temp let?

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 12:20 PM - Response #7

Microsoft Azure is one of multiple backup systems we have in place.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:41 PM - Response #8

Paul Mercier wrote:

Hi Barbara,
Sorry to be so dense but how did you insert the "Code" snip it into the master temp let?

Once you have set up your Statcounter account and project, click on the project, click Config, click Default Guide. Then copy that code. Log in to your CC website. click Preferences. Go to the very bottom Advanced Site Tracking with Google Analytics. Even though it is not Google, paste the code from Statcounter in the box. Save the Preferences. You're done. To see the stats each day, log in to Statcounter, click on the project, in the Stats tab, click Download logs and then click Download Loag as CSV for Excel.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.