ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

ANNOUNCEMENTS overriding HOME PAGE text

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/10/24 12:58 PM Views: 246 Replies: 22
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 12:58 PM
Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 11.20.56 AM.png

When I turn on ANNOUNCEMENTS, they appear on top of my HOME page text!
(see attached image)

Plus, even when the announcements are turned off, the background is creeping into the bottom of Home page!

I have tried going to SOURCE and editing -- unfortunately I don't know enough about it.

Edited 08/10/24 1:01 PM
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 1:12 PM - Response #1

Only shows for members, otherwise, I could tell.

However, where are those images on the Right side coming from?

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 4:44 PM - Response #2

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

However, where are those images on the Right side coming from?

Looks like her desktop is behind the website that is not filling the entire screen.

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 5:48 PM - Response #3

LOL you are right FC. Not used to seeing that.

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 6:48 PM - Response #4
IMG_1452 Medium.jpg

Yes, I took a screen shot from my desktop and could not crop out the desktop portion. Here is a clean photo from my iPad.

Edited 08/10/24 7:12 PM
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 6:51 PM - Response #5
IMG_1453.jpg

Here’s a screen shot of my HOME page with the ANNOUNCEMENTS turned OFF.

Edited 08/10/24 7:12 PM
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 7:03 PM - Response #6

There are several applications which convert a png file to jpg for free. Just do a search.

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 7:09 PM - Response #7

Thanks Scott! Converted it in FOLDER.

Can ANYONE tell me what I need to do? I have written to Jessica as an email via CONTACT, but no response so I have posted this in FORUM.

Edited 08/10/24 7:16 PM
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 8:57 PM - Response #8
Paschal High School.jpg

Have you solved this issue? When I look at your home page, I see just blank space (see attached screen shot). Or, is your home page password protected, i.e. under Edit Link you have checked "Restrict to Classmates only," so that I can't see any of the content.

When I look at the screen shot of your home page (Response #5), it appears to me that everything was simply typed on the home page, and not put under Announcements. Under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home page, click on Edit Page and see if everything comes up in the Edit box. If so, just delete what you don't want and click SAVE CHANGES.

The only other possibility is, when you removed the check mark from Announcements, you did not click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.

Edited 08/10/24 9:08 PM
Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 10:50 PM - Response #9
rlpaschalhomepage.jpg

I can't get the same image as you have since the stuff on the right is for logged in only.

But this is what I temporarily saw as I think with the announcement. Apparently you are playing with it since now it's blanks as Scott noted.

There is an error in the html. I think it's an extra < div that's eating some of the code. So the page bottom is not expanding normally. Right now it's all gone so can't play with the page to see what is messed up the html.

The first clue is that the "Powered by.." is supposed to be on the bottom and it's in the middle of that image.

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 10:53 PM - Response #10

Not sure why you didn’t see anything unless I was in the process of going back & forth trying to correct the issue.

Yes, the HOME page is typed into the text box.

Announcements are supposed to follow. I have several Announcements but cannot “turn them on” without them showing up ON TOP of the HOME text.

Plus, I just created a new Announcement, however I could not even get a PREVIEW of it in a separate window.

Frustrated…

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 11:01 PM - Response #11

I’ll quit working on it.

If y’all want in, the password is: Panthersx69

Saturday, August 10, 2024 at 11:10 PM - Response #12
Home page screenshot.jpg

Look at the attached screen shot from my home page (Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page). Notice in the Content Area how Announcements are below the Home Page Content. See if your Announcements are positioned above the Home Page Content. If so, click on the red arrow arrow to the left of Announcements. That will move Announcements below Home Page Content. Then click on SAVE CHANGES.

Edited 08/10/24 11:11 PM
Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 12:33 AM - Response #13

You have the homepage set to only show if logged in that's why it is blank to us now.

Looks like you found the problem. It all looks OK now. Thank to the PW. Did you do what Scott suggested?

Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 9:57 AM - Response #14
IMG_1457.jpeg

Thank you Scott & Jack for all your advice…..

Yes, I have done ALL that:
* Moved Announcements up & saved it — but I do not want announcements above HOME page text!

* I have set ANNOUNCEMENTS to “logged in” and/or “active” or both, SAVED IT, and still the announcements show up over the HOME text (on top of HOME page text!)

If CC does not correct this, I guess the only other option I have is to move ALL the HOME page content to ANNOUNCEMENTS (and do away with the HOME page text box.)

CC used to be so responsive to issues, but now it appears Jessica is the only one working behind the screen. (And she takes the weekends off!)

(Brad Switzer appears to be working on a “video” project as you can see on FB attached.)

Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 10:02 AM - Response #15

In Response #14, you say you "Moved Announcements up & saved it" --- did you mean you moved Announcements down and saved it? Double check that Announcements are below Home Page Content.

Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 10:23 AM - Response #16
IMG_1458 Medium.jpg

Yes, I have moved ANNOUNCEMENTS up (& down) and SAVED IT!

(Actually you do NOT need to SAVE IT when moving those items up & down, per video instructions!).
But I did anyway per YOUR instructions.

Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 1:14 PM - Response #17
rlpaschalhomepage.jpg

This is what temporarily showed yesterday. I posted this image but did not show up?

Now it is again as you showed. Did you move the announcement to the top?

There is an html error but I think it's in the Home page, not the announcement.

Edited 08/11/24 1:27 PM
Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 1:49 PM - Response #18

This is the html error on the home page. It's on the bottom. Search for the "div" shown and delete both of them. It's missing the ending "div"

Editor SOURCE mode

Edited 08/11/24 1:50 PM
Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 9:03 PM - Response #19

Way above my pay grade!
I have removed the two “div” at the bottom of HOME page (in Source mode), and I SAVED; however it is back once I check again.

Edited 08/11/24 9:05 PM
Monday, August 12, 2024 at 1:32 AM - Response #20

Looks like you removed the Announcement to check if it's there or not.

Tuesday, August 13, 2024 at 2:01 PM - Response #21

Almost there.

The chronic pain article has html that is messing up the announcement now. The image htm/code at that location is way too wide.

Fix in Source mode again. Make all the "width" values 450px or less. Mess with the height to get it looking right again.

Copying/pasting online articles also includes the html code.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024 at 8:42 PM - Response #22

Hi Sue,

I did some of the recommended items that Jack recommended. There were formatting items that may have been copied from Word or another website which were affecting the formatting on your page. I removed some of the DIVs and resized the image and it is clearing things up but you might need to tweak your formatting again.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.