ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donation levels

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/28/09 11:11 PM Views: 1393 Replies: 2
Friday, August 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Ok now that I've gotten my donation section set up (btw...never thought I would figure it out)...I'm interested in what others have done for setting up donation levels.
I have been nosey and always get great ideas from others (thanks again) and I've heard of doing levels such as: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior. I may go that direction but am also wondering what do you all send to those donators that give? Just a thanks and a mention on your site, Thank you certificates, etc?
Any suggestions will be useful!! Very Happy

Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM - Response #1

I am one of the admins for our site and I have been the "welcome wagon lady". I send a big thank you email to anyone who donates to our class bank account. Other than that we have not done anything. However, we are now in the process of acknowledging those people on the website. We had always planned to list their names in both the Memory/Reunion Book, on a slideshow that will be shown at the reunion, and on posters displayed at the reunion.

Due to reading items on Class Creator threads, we have recently decided to acknowledge those who donate on the website itself. So we are working on that now. We also plan to acknowledge our volunteer workers in the same way.

By the way, my husband and I are the ones who set up the Donate button for our class website this past early April so I know how hard it was. I'm glad that you finally were successful.

Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM - Response #2

Hi Jamie. I set up the Donate Module on the home page explaining what the donations were for. That goes through PayPal and so far, I'm the only person who has donated that way, when I was testing the system. However, in the Reunion Planner, when my classmates order and pay for tickets, I also have a donation button with a quantity they can enter and a "cost" of $5. Classmates can easily enter any quantity and donate in $5 increments. Then when I get a donation, and so far everyone who has registered for the reunion has donated something, I go back to the Donate Module on the home page and list their name, under "Thank you to the following for your donations." I don't tell how much they donated, I'm just happy to get anything! We don't have a lot of time to collect donations, so I wanted to keep it simple.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.