ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suppress Profile Update Notice

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/02/14 09:52 AM Views: 650 Replies: 6
Friday, May 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Is there a way to suppress a Profile/Contact Info update message from being sent? When I make a minor change or run a test on my profile, the Profile Update box shows my name and an e-mail is generated. This is an unnecessary notice.

We can suppress class notification when changing other parts of our site, why not profiles also? If this is not possible, maybe it should be.

Friday, May 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

Tom,

If you make the changes through Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, you have the option to send out a Profile Updated message or not. If you use the EDIT PROFILE (under Member Functions), you are acting as a member and not as an admin and so you don't have a choice if the Profile Updated message goes out.

Friday, May 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM - Response #2

So using EDIT PROFILE (under Member Functions) to correct spelling of one word or to upload a picture that I decide not to use and delete it or change the Date Format or using the EDIT CONTACT INFO (under Member Functions) to define Gender which was never previously defined, all will generate a Profile Update message?

I think members should have the option to suppress the message when minor changes are made. I was testing the photo upload steps today. I did not use the photo and it was deleted. Everyone does not need to know that my profile was updated when essentially it was not.

As the admin, I probably should have done the test through Manage Classmates, but non-admin members do not have that option. If it can be done for admins, why not members also?

Friday, May 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM - Response #3

I agree. If you're playing around making some changes and decide you don't like them and tweak them a bit, every time you do this, you don't want to have an email update going out to everyone that's chosen to be notified. Even the person that wants those updates doesn't want to be bombarded with them.

Friday, May 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM - Response #4

Tom - I like your suggestion! I (as well as others who opt for profile updates) receive profile updates for minor changes that if the classmate had the option, would likely choose "Do Not Notify Classmates of Profile Update."

I've wanted to change my photo but don't want a profile update going out to everyone(like FB does for a changed cover photo) . . so, I just don't change/update it. Sad

Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM - Response #5

Rhonda, Just change your photo via the Edit Classmates route and choose to not send out an update notice.

Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM - Response #6

Thanks John! I've been wanting to do this on my other non-classmate CC site!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.